Subject: Re: [opencsa-liaison] TC Status - Bindings

Sanjay,

I don't seem to have permission to post on the liaison mailing list, however here's my response on the current schedule for the Bindings TC:

11th March: bindings specs and TA documents updated for all resolved issues (currently 6 remain open)
18th March: cd vote on bindings specs and TA documents, start on writing test case
25th March: Submit bindings specs for second PR, discuss test case progress
22nd April: Test cases complete
29th April: Submit cd01 of TA documents and test cases for public review

Concerns with this are:

We have 6 open issues, at least two of which are unlikely to be resolved tomorrow, so I suspect that the cd review/vote will go out by at least 1 week.
For the test cases the concern is over who will be able to write the test case document and test cases.  There are also unknowns around how to test with external web service and JMS applications, and the fact that we are not aware of an existing implementation of binding.jca to test against.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com

From: "Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>
To: "OASIS Liaison" <opencsa-liaison@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 09/03/2010 22:26
Subject: [opencsa-liaison] TC Status

Hi TC Chairs / Reps,

I am being tasked by the OpenCSA Steering Committee to compile a status report for the various OpenCSA TCs for a quick review during their monthly meeting (the next one is  scheduled for coming Fri).

 Could you please reply back with a short description of the progress of the various TC deliverables e.g. what is the current status of the specifications and the testing material for your TC? Do you see any major roadblocks/issues?

Thanks,

Sanjay