Subject: LOA Request and Chairman pro tem.

I will be travelling and unable to attend TC calls between 16th June and 2nd July.

In my absence David Booz has offered to act as substitute chair for the meeting of the 17th June, and Bryan Aupperle the meeting of 24th June.  I intend to cancel the meeting of 1st July.

I don't see anything formal required for this in the TC handbook.  I found the following in Robert's rules:

If it is necessary for the chairman to vacate the chair the first Vice President, if there is one, should take the chair, and in his absence the next one in order should take it. If there is no vice president in the hall, then the chairman may, if it is necessary to vacate the chair, appoint a chairman pro tem., but the first adjournment puts an end to the appointment, which the assembly can terminate before, if it pleases, by electing another chairman. But the regular chairman, knowing that he will be absent from a future meeting, cannot authorize another member to act in his place at such meeting; the secretary, or, in his absence, some other member should in such case call the meeting to order, and a chairman pro tem. be elected who would hold office during that session, unless such office is terminated by the entrance of the president or a vice president, or by the election of another chairman pro tem., which may be done by a majority vote.

Given this I would suggest Dave/Brian call each meeting to order and ask for any objections to their being elected chairman pro tem.

Regards, Simon