Subject: RE: [sca-bpel] Issue 5 - The algorithm for deciding whether a partnerLink is a service or a reference needs to be deterministic

I would propose that we close this issue with no action.  I believe the concern is with this section:

"If a static analysis of the process determines that it is possible that the first message for a partner link will be received in a <receive> activity...”

If you only look at this sentence, you could imagine runtimes with different level of sophistication for their static analysis coming to different conclusions for this question.

However, later in the specification (line 75) says: “A simple static analysis of the control flow, which does not involve determining the values of any expressions, will be used to determine which role can send the first message.”

I believe that with this caveat, everyone’s static analysis should come to the same conclusion.

Michael