Subject: RE: raw minutes 11/01

Slightly edited minutes of 2007/11/01

- please note 3 new action items, given IDs:  #0016, #0017, #0018
- added meta data stuff at beginning (e.g. meting metadata, URL of email announcing agenda) to comply with expected structure.
- other minor fixes to scribing conventions the xslt will need.
- let me know if I missed some attendees.

Jacques

jacques: meeting: weekly SCA BPEL conference call
jacques: date: 2007-11-01
jacques: scribe: jacques
jacques: agenda: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200711/msg00010.html
jacques: Anish: did update to agenda
jacques: attendees are:
Michael Pellegrini  Active Endpoints, Inc.
Michael Rowley BEA Systems, Inc.
Jacques Durand Fujitsu Limited*
Mike Edwards IBM
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation
Alex Yiu Oracle Corporation
Sanjay Patil SAP AG*
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc.
Najeeb Andrabi  TIBCO Software Inc.
Sanjay: Anish, I have to step out and I will be on the road for the next 30 mins. Just fyi.
anish: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/event.php?event_id=16226&day=1193911200
jacques: topic: agenda item 4
jacques: anish: no formatted minute yet, asked Bob for processor
jacques: sanjay: Bob should do it end of this week, not yet
jacques: anish: we have raw minutes Oct 11, Oct 18, Oct 25, should be able to approve that
jacques: jeff: move we approve raw minutes of Oct 11-to-25
jacques: mike R: seconded
jacques: sanjay: technically we can't upload them before formatted
jacques: resolution: motion passed unanimously (raw format acceptable)
jacques: action: id=0010 owner=MikeEdwards status=pending
jacques: anish: about informing other TCs thats a change in process
jacques: anish: few weeks ago, made changes in possible status - resolved to apply in normal case
jacques: s/apply/applied
jacques: anish: still pending AI
jacques: action: id=0011 owner=NajeebAndrabi statu=closed
jacques: anish: closed
jacques: topic: Nominate representative to the Inter-SCA Liaison Committee
jacques: sanjay: did send an email on this (subject line on Policy) sent to member section public list
jacques: topic: New issues
jacques: topic: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-13
jacques: anish: (email : issue 2) proposed suggestion as in email.
jacques: anish: do we approve this new issue?
jacques: Mike E: motion to approve issue 13
jacques: Mike R: second
jacques: resolution: motion accepted
jacques: topic: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-14
jacques: anish: thought it requires an issue on its own - should be able to do that in BPEL process
jacques: Mike E: if you wish you can annotate BPEL process, in Java, added an issue for this
jacques: Mike E: this issue here is about same thing.
jacques: anish: we can alway s close with no action later
jacques: Mike E: I move to accept issue
jacques: Jeff: seconded
jacques: resolution: motion accepted
jacques: topic: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-5
jacques: Danny: have not been up to date on this to discuss it yet
jacques: anish: we need to discuss this on this call - important
anish: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00022.html
jacques: Mike R: proposed to close with no action
jacques: ... a spec making normative statement is confusing: forward ref on static analysis of context
jacques: s/of context/of process
jacques: anish: need editorial tweaks, otherwise there is agreement - to be fixed by email (Danny?)
jacques: danny: will have time to help on this
jacques: mike R: not sure what can be done - need to clarify
jacques: danny: can take this action item
anish: action: id=0016 owner=danny status=open
jacques: action item #0016: Danny to come back with a rewording proposal for issue-5
jacques: topic: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-11
jacques: anish: no email discussion on this
jacques: issue about BPEL variable initialisation. Precedence issue.
jacques: ... similar issue in Java
anish: DESCRIPTION: Is the target variable allowed to have an initialization
defined within the BPEL process and if so, is this initialization ignored?
It seems like the initialization should be allowed but not executed in the
case where a process is packaged as an SCA and the property is provided by
the component. It's probably also worth pointing out that the variable must
be an element or type variable. Message variables cannot be initialized by
an SCA property.
jacques: mike R: cannot use kword MUST in this case -
jacques: anish: sufficient to say "this MUST NOT happen" (error generation is not mandated)
jacques: Sanjay: all depends if it make sense to initialise mesg properties
jacques: mike R: issue is about allowing people to generate error
jacques: mike P: agree with Mike R.
jacques: alex: Agree to use term MUST in this case
jacques: najeeb: an issue only for the inbound. If outbound, can initialise at SCA level.
jacques: najeeb: out variable, if SCA property then we have a valid case
jacques: mike R: inching to consensus on this point: shouldnot be allowed for message vars
jacques: mike R: second point more tricky - deafult values
anish: action: id=0017 owner= MikeP status=open
jacques: action item #0017 is for MikeP to propose a sentence for resolving the 2nd part of issue 11
jacques: ... point is: component type knows it has default value – rather not trying to define override. If SCArop = yes, initialisation defines default value
Michael Rowley: If a variable with sca property="yes" had an initialization expression, than that expression is treated as the default value of the SCA property.
anish: s/had/has/
Danny van der Rijn: s/than/then
jacques: anish: question: if default val does not show up in component type, what teh pint?
jacques: mike R: still useful: does not need to be set
jacques: s/teh pint/the point
jacques: mike R: may need introduce concept optional property , not default value - affect assembly spec
jacques: anish: asign an action to someone
jacques: anish: it is not a fixed value
jacques: anish: that can be used in the componentType
Mike Pellegrini1: A BPEL variable which is marked with an sca property="yes" must be either an XML Schema Type or an XML Schema Element type variable. This is directly related to the assembly spec which states a property is one of type or element.
jacques: anish: mike R will sent response to issue 11
anish: action: id=0018 owner=MikeR status=open
jacques: action item #0018 is for MikeR to follow up on the 1st part of issue 11 on email
anish thanks Jacques for taking minutes</B
jacques: resolution: motion to adjourn from Anish, approved unanimously.