Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-01-17 telcon

Attached.
Formating made possible by Bob Freund's Schreiber tool. Thanks to Bob
for letting me use Schreiber.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-01-17

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA BPEL TC telcon

Attendees

Present
Charlton Barreto, (Adobe Systems)
Michael Rowley, (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Jacques Durand, (Fujitsu Limited*)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Simon Moser, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Alex Yiu, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG*)
Ivana Trickovic, (SAP AG*)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Ivana Trickovic
Agenda:
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Rotating list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of Jan 10, 2008 meeting minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200801/msg00011.html
5. Action items review
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/action_items.php
#0016 Open an issue in SCA Assembly TC regarding agreement/conflict of default values in the CT file and the runtime Michael Rowley
#0017 Open an issue in SCA Assembly TC regarding whether default values in the runtime are necessarily represented in the CT file Mike Edwards
#0018 Incorporate resolution of issue 11 into the spec Michael Rowley
#0019 Start an email discussion on issue 2, especially the distinction between 'how' a CT side file is located v. 'where' it is located Michael Rowley
6. OpenCSA Liaison Subcommittees recommendation for defining conformance targets and use of RFC 2199 keywords
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200801/msg00015.html
7. Approval of latest Working Drafts
Latest Working Draft: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26339/sca-bpel-1.1-spec-WD-04.doc
8. New Issues
9. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 2 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-2
TITLE: Does the spec allow a componentType side file
SUBMITTED BY: Anish Karmarkar
Email thread:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00040.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00041.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00042.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00043.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00044.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00048.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00049.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200710/msg00055.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200711/msg00003.html
b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE: Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman
c) Issue 1 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-1
TITLE: support for BPEL4WS 1.1
SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman
d) Issue 14 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-14
Title: Allow sca-aware processes to specify everything that can be specified in a CT side file
Submitted by: Anish Karmarkar
e) Issue 16 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-16
TITLE: Ambigous Service Resolution
SUBMITTED BY: Dieter Koenig
10. Next weeks call (may conflict with SCA Policy F2F)
11. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  agenda bashing
[2]  approval of 2008-01-10 minutes
[3]  AI review
[4]  OpenCSA Liaison Subcommittees recommendation for defining conformance targets and use of RFC 2119 keywords
[5]  approval of latest working drafts
[6]  Issue #2
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2008-01-17-1: Anish to open a new issue for #2

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Ivana Trickovic

agenda bashing

agenda accepted

approval of 2008-01-10 minutes

Minutes of Jan 10, 2008: approved

AI review

Action item #16 Done

Action item #17 It is issue 38 in the Assembly TC. Done

Action item #18 Done

Action item #19 Done

OpenCSA Liaison Subcommittees recommendation for defining conformance targets and use of RFC 2119 keywords

Open CSA Liaison
<Sanjay>
LSC recommendation:
<Sanjay>
Conformance targets can be categorized into
1) document artifacts (or constructs within them) that can be checked statically.
2) SCA runtimes, which we may require to exhibit certain behaviors.
We recommend that each TC write its specifications to:
1. Reword the specifications using RFC 2119 keywords.
2. For each appearance of a 2119 keyword, specify the document, construct or runtime behavior that is being constrained.
MikeE:
motion to move with the recommendation
Charlton:
seconded

motion passed

approval of latest working drafts

<anish>
by approval, u mean accepting it as a CD, right?

Latest Working Draft

<Sanjay>
MichaelR:
Motion to accept WD #5 as CD
Dieter:
seconded

no discussion on the motion

no objections

motion passed
Dieter:
Rename the document to CD

No new issues

Issues Discussion

Issue #2

Anish:
There are 4 sub-issues:

1) how/where the CT side file is found/located
2) extend the /componentType/service and componentType/reference syntax
to include partnerlinks (providing the ability to override defaults)
3) compatibility between CT side file and introspected CT. This is more
of an assembly issue, but we need to agree on how defaults are treated.
4) Allow the same info to be specified in a side file as well as
inlined. This would require new BPEL extensions for service/refs a la
multirefs and properties.
MichaelR:
Multiple side files is not at issus. It could be restricted by saying that there must be exactlly one
MichaelR:
Regarding #2: we probably do not want to have PLs in component type
MichaelR:
Regarding #3: This is an assembly issue.
MichaelR:
Regarding #4: agree to address it
<Sanjay>
Sanjay:
Regarding #1: Issue #14 inlcudes this aspect
Sanjay:
correction, Regarding #4: Issue #14 includes this aspect

Stick to #1
Action: Anish to open a new issue for #2
<Sanjay>
Michael Rowley's proposal:
<Sanjay>
Michael Rowley wrote:

> The assembly spec currently says: "The location of the component type
> file depends on the type of the component implementation: it is
> described in the respective client and implementation model
> specification for the implementation type."
>
> In my opinion, the SCA BPEL spec should define _how_ to find a component
> type side file for a BPEL process, rather than _where_ to find them.
> This is based on the fact that we don't typically use locations to refer
> to XML definitions. <implementation.bpel> and
> <implementation.componentType> both refer to their implementations by
> QName, not by a location.
>
> Therefore, I think that we should say that SCA finds the ComponentType
> for a BPEL process named "foo:bar" by finding any ComponentType document
> that has <implementation.bpel qname="foo:bar">, wherever it might be
> within the contribution.

<Michael Rowley>
If <implementation.bpel> is not present, then the component type has to have a contribution URI that is identical to the contribution URI of the process, except that the extension has to be changed to ".componentType".
<Alex Yiu>
+1 to Michael's latest suggestion
<Alex Yiu>
question: where to get the latest XSD file for componentType definition?
<Mike Edwards>
this seems over complex to me
<Mike Edwards>
I dont see a good benefit
<Michael Rowley>
I agree -- <implementation.bpel> should just be required.
<anish>
this would simplify this, but i'm still concerned about the portability issue
<Mike Edwards>
+1 Anish
<Mike Edwards>
and "portability of skills" matters too
<Dieter Koenig>
requiring <implementation.bpel> sounds good to me
MichaelR:
Motion:
<Michael Rowley>
SCA finds the ComponentType for a BPEL process named "foo:bar" by finding any ComponentType document that has <implementation.bpel qname="foo:bar">, wherever it might be within the contribution. While the assembly specification allows <implementation.bpel> to be absent, for SCA BPEL, the component type MUST include an <implementation.bpel> element.
<Mike Edwards>
This looks more complex
MichaelR:
Motion to accept this as resolution for issue #2
Charlton:
seconded
<Martin C>
is it really a MUST
<Martin C>
?
<Michael Rowley>
anish:
Still concerned with the portability issue
<Dieter Koenig>
replace <implementation.bpel qname="foo:bar"> by <implementation.bpel process="foo:bar">

The discussion about issue #2 to be continued.
Sanjay:
Any further discussion on the motion

No discussions
<Mike Edwards>
at the moment I'd vote against
MichaelR:
Move to table the motion
Charlton:
seconded
<Mike Edwards>
+1 to table

No objections
Sanjay:
Next week is Policy TC f2f. Do you want to cancel next week's concall?
Charlton:
seocnded

no concall next week
<Mike Edwards>
bye
<Alex Yiu>
bye

meeting adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-01-18 at 00:30:35 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

statistics: Schreiber found 176 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 202: Michael Rowley: s/except/of the process, except/

edits: Line 218: anish: s/by/about/

edits: Line 228: anish: s/CA finds/SCA finds/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 16: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 24: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 27: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 38: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 47: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) Issue 2 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 48: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 49: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Email thread'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 51: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 52: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 53: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 56: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 57: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 58: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 61: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'b) Issue 15 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 62: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 65: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'c) Issue 1 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 69: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'd) Issue 14 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 70: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Title'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 71: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Submitted by'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 73: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'e) Issue 16 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 74: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 75: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

command-scribe: Line 87: Ivana Trickovic recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 202 succeeded, changed line 200 from 'except' to 'of the process, except'

edit-delete: Line 202 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 218 succeeded, changed line 214 from 'by' to 'about'

edit-delete: Line 218 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 228 succeeded, changed line 226 from 'CA finds' to 'SCA finds'

edit-delete: Line 228 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]