Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 2 - Does the spec allow a componentType sidefile?

Hi,

Here is the reworded version based Sanjay's suggestion:
A componentType document for a BPEL process definition can be found by using either "process QName matching" or "contribution URI matching" mechanisms.

If a componentType document cannot be found through either "process QName matching" or "contribution URI matching" mechanism, SCA infrastructure MUST implicitly generate a componentType document based on the introspection of the implementation BPEL process definition.

For "process QName matching", a BPEL process (which is identified by a QName) can be matched with any ComponentType document that has an <implementation.bpel> refers to the same process QName, wherever it might be within the contribution. For example, if a componentType document has an <implementation.bpel process="foo:bar">, it will be considered a match for a BPEL process identified by "foo:bar" QName (where the prefix "foo" in both documents are resolved to the same namespace.).

For "contribution URI matching", a BPEL process can be matched with a componentType document of which the contribution URI is identical to the contribution URI of the BPEL process except of that the extension is changed to ".componentType". For example, if "file:/scratch/dir1/compositeX/Foo.bpel" is the contribution URI of a BPEL process, then the contribution URI of a matching componentType document would be: "file:/scratch/dir1/compositeX/Foo.componentType"

If a non-one-to-one relationship is found during matching (e.g. one-to-many or many-to-one), SCA Infrastructure SHOULD signal an error to users.

I hope that people like the updated proposal better and find it easier to follow.
Thanks!

Regards,
Alex Yiu

Patil, Sanjay wrote:
646FFD22D57BD14E9E1051EDBEE28D6E05F13C40@uspale20.pal.sap.corp" type="cite">
Yes. I think we should add a statement to point out the error case.
-- Sanjay