Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-01-31 telcon

Attached.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-01-31

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Charlton Barreto, (Adobe Systems)
Jacques Durand, (Fujitsu Limited*)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Simon Moser, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Alex Yiu, (Oracle Corporation)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Khanderao Kand
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200801/msg00038.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Approval of last minutes:http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200801/msg00027.html
[2]  AI review
[3]  Update on status of CD 01: Editors
[4]  Spring F2F meeting
[5]  New Issues
a. http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-17
Allow Component Type side file to override defaults for service/reference
[6]  issue 2
[7]  issue 15
[8]  issue 16
[9]  issue 1
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2008-01-31-1: chairs: to a follow up with Mary to post of the docs to OASIS repository
2008-01-31-2: chairs: to confirm the f2f date with Jane
2008-01-31-3: Martin: to write up a proposal for issue 15
2008-01-31-4: Khanderao: file a new issue for re-writing specs with RFC-2119

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Khanderao Kand

Approval of last minutes:http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200801/msg00027.html

Minutes approved unanimously

AI review

No open action item

Update on status of CD 01: Editors

<Dieter Koenig>

Action Item for chairs to a follow up with Mary to post of the docs to OASIS repository
Action: chairs: to a follow up with Mary to post of the docs to OASIS repository

Spring F2F meeting

<anish>

Discussion related to F2F on May 2-3
<anish>
<anish>
Action: chairs: to confirm the f2f date with Jane

New Issues
a. http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-17
Allow Component Type side file to override defaults for service/reference

m:Khanderao s:Dieter Koenig to accept the issue

motion accepted unanimously

9. Issue Discussion

issue 2

The discussion is postponed for future meeting(s)

issue 15

b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE: Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman

NartinC updated discussions in the liaison committee: Three targets 1. Document 2. Elements in document 3. Runtime behavior
Anish:
should we have coarse grain targets or fine grain targets?
MartinC:
We have three choices from targets to choose fine grain or coarse grain.
MikeE:
Its not a choice between three but how we apply fine and coarse grain choice of the targets
Mike Edwards:
TC's need to write with RFC-2119 and every time we reach RFC-2119 statement we would have a conformance rule
Anish:
Do we need Assembly-TC to define the targets?

Action: Martin: to write up a proposal for issue 15

We do not have an issue on re-writing specs with RFC-2119
Action: Khanderao: file a new issue for re-writing specs with RFC-2119

issue 16

:

e) Issue 16 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-16
TITLE: Ambigous Service Resolution
SUBMITTED BY: Dieter Koenig

issue 1

c) Issue 1 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-1
TITLE: support for BPEL4WS 1.1
SUBMITTED BY: Martin Chapman
MikeE:
BPEL4WS 1.1 is not a standard hence we can not have a normative statements based on BPEL4WS 1.1
Khanderao:
Isn't it a de-facto standard?
MikeE:
It is dangerous to specify based on a de-facto standard.
Dieter:
it is ok to write non-normative statements but not to write normative statements based on BPEL4WS1.1
<Dieter Koenig>
Motion: leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as non-normative
<anish>
motion: m:dieter s:charlton leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as non-normative

motion: Dieter second: Charlton
<anish>
amendment: m:martin s:charlton keep chapter 4 in sync with the rest of the spec

update amendment:Danny: Keeping in sync without making longer and have a flexibility to undo if decided later by the TC
<anish>
amended motion: leave chapter 4 as-is and mark it as non-normative, keep chapter 4 in sync with the rest of the spec

amendment 1 accepted unanimously

amendment 2 moved: Danny Second: Khanderao
<anish>
amendment: m:danny s:martin If the work of keeping chapter 4 in sync is too onerous then we remove chapter 4 (support for BPEL 1.1)
Dieter:
we do not need to amendment as TC is free to make decision any time.
Danny:
That would need TC to overturn previous resolution
<Mike Edwards>
table this for now
<anish>
meeting adjurned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-02-06 at 23:25:44 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 107: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Summary'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 139: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 143: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'update amendment'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 149: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'amendment 2 moved'

statistics: Schreiber found 108 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 26: Ashok: s/Meetings/Minutes/

edits: Line 105: Khanderao: s/course/coarse/

command-scribe: Line 2: Khanderao Kand recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 26 succeeded, changed line 21 from 'Meetings' to 'Minutes'

edit-delete: Line 26 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 40: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 51: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a. http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 65: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Email thread'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 68: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 69: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 70: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 71: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 72: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 73: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 74: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 75: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 76: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 77: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 78: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 79: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 80: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 81: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 82: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 83: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 84: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 85: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 90: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 91: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

edit-substitute: command on line 105 succeeded, changed line 95 from 'course' to 'coarse'

edit-delete: Line 105 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 117: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'e) Issue 16 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 118: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 119: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 124: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 125: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]