Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 14: we forgot intents

Anish, declaring multiple extension namespaces is definitely allowed in
BPEL (exactly in the way you showed it below).

(1) I apparently missed a point during the last call, however. Until now, I
was hoping that we have a clear distinction between elements/attributes
used in SCA artifacts (.../opencsa/sca/200712) and elements/attributes
extending the WS-BPEL 2.0 standard (.../opencsa/sca-bpel/200801). Because
of this, I would prefer adding an sca-bpel:requires attribute definition to
the latter. Even though it has almost the same semantics (see also (2)
below), it is an attribute on a bpel:partnerLink and not on an
sca:service/sca:reference and should therefore be defined in the dedicated
BPEL extension namespace.

(2) For a partner link pointing to a partner link type with two roles, does
the new attribute on a bpel:partnerLink apply to the myRole or the
partnerRole side of the partner link type, or both? If we have a potential
ambiguity here then an alternative could be adding the new attribute to the
role element inside the partner link type.

Kind Regards
DK

 Dieter König                          Mail: dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com         IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

 Senior Technical Staff Member         Tel (office): (+49) 7031-16-3426      Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
                                                                             Martin Jetter

 Architect, Business Process           Fax (office): (+49) 7031-16-4890      Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
 Choreographer

 Member, Technical Expert Council      Tel (home office): (+49) 7032-201464  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

                                       Schönaicher Strasse 220, 71032        Registergericht: Amtsgericht
                                       Böblingen, Germany                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>                                                                                                    |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Michael Rowley <mrowley@bea.com>                                                                                                                |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |OASIS BPEL <sca-bpel@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                                      |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |16.04.2008 02:58                                                                                                                                |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 14: we forgot intents                                                                                                      |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Looking at the syntax of <extensions>, it seems like the following would
be allowed:

<extensions>
       <extension
namespace="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca-bpel/200801";