Subject: Formatted minutes of 2009-01-15 concall

Attached.
Thanks to Ashok for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-01-15

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Michael Rowley, (Active Endpoints, Inc.)
Jacquest Durand, (Fujitsu Limited)
Dave Booz, (IBM)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Ashok Malhotra
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00008.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  approval of 2009-01-08 mintues
[3]  Action Items
[4]  Conformance and SCA spec dependencies
[5]  Issue 24 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-24
[6]  Issue 26 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-26
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-01-15-1: Martin to create proposal for issue 27, due date Feb 5

Resolutions

Minutes

<anish>
Agenda -
<anish>
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of Jan 8, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00005.html
5. Action Items
a) #0050 Danny to come up with a proposal to remove side files from BPEL C&I as well as a note to the LSC to the effect that CTs are either derived or specified in a side file, but never both.
PENDING
b) #0051 Have a Naming Convention section that matches the Naming Convention section of the Assembly specification CD01-ref4 without the third bullet of that section.
DONE
6. New Issues
a) Issue 27 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-27
Complete the Conformance Section
7. Conformance and SCA spec dependencies
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00003.html
The OpenCSA Liaison Submittee has asked us to provide a list of dependencies that the SCA BPEL spec has on other SCA specification.
Suggested response:
Conformance to the SCA BPEL specification requires conformance to the SCA Assembly specification.
We would also have the dependencies listed in our conformance section.
8. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 24 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-24
TITLE BPEL C&I spec needs to define how effective CT is synthesized
The proposal discussed last time was to disallow CT side files.
Danny has an AI for this.
b) Issue 18 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
TITLE - Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119
keywords/statements
Latest proposal: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/30601/sca-bpel-1.1-spec-cd-01-rev13b.doc
c) Issue 12 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-12
TITLE - Long-Running Request-Response Operations
d) Issue 26 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-26
Removal of XPATH 1.0 query language constraint on implementationRef attribute
e) Issue 27 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-27
Complete the conformance section
9. AOB

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

Agenda bashing

No changes to agenda

approval of 2009-01-08 mintues

Approve minutes of Jan 8, 2009 ... approved w/o objection
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-01-08 located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00005.html approved

Action Items

Action 0050 on Danny still pending
Anish:
Could we have a proposal before the next call?
Danny:
not sure
Anish:
Perhaps reassign action?

Danny describes the thinking behind the action

MR: Seems like 2 items 1) remove CT, I could do that 2) letter to LSC
Anish:
We need to do the first, than write to LSC

MR: The removal is easy ... remove section 2.5 ... that's the only place it's mentioned
Anish:
Danny, can you sign up for LSC item. That would be after we resolve issue 24 which may be today.
<Anish>
action 50 -- the part about LSC is still assigned to Danny, the rest is done.

Action 0051: MR has implemented that and so its done!
Martin:
New issue -- we need conformance wording
Anish:
You seem to have a proposal

MR: Do we need to group features into conformance points or is it all a la carte?
Martin:
There are no rules

Martin moves to open issue 27, MR seconds.

No objection. Issue 27 opened.
Resolution: issue 27 is opened.
Action: Martin to create proposal for issue 27, due date Feb 5

Conformance and SCA spec dependencies

Anish:
Suggested response: BPEL spec has dependence on Assembly
Martin:
... on Assembly and whatever it depends on

MR: Do we need to specify transitive dependencies?

MR: We have a statement that says contents of requires shd be intent names as defined in Policy spec

Section 3.4 3rd para (para after the partner-link example)
Anish:
Any disagreement on saying we depend on Assemble and Policy

Martin moves to accept above. Khanderao seconds

MR: Wording in agenda was better
<Michael Rowley>
Possible wording: The SCA BPEL Specification depends on the SCA Assembly Specification and the SCA Policy Framework Specification.
Ashok:
MR actually said wording in Agenda was worse not better

MR: Moves to amend motion with wording above. Martin seconds.

Amendment accepted w/o objection

Amended motion approved w/o objection. Anish will take this back to the LSC.
Resolution: TC agrees to the following wordings (to be taken to LSC): The SCA BPEL Specification depends on the SCA Assembly Specification and the SCA Policy Framework Specification.

Issue 24 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-24

TITLE BPEL C&I spec needs to define how effective CT is synthesized
The proposal discussed last time was to disallow CT side files.
Danny has an AI for this.
Anish:
Do people agree to disallow CT side files?
Anish:
Using a composite you can only narrow the contract
Anish:
We lose wired by impl and changing reference cardinality. Also, the ability to change a service to a reference and vice versa.

MR: I'm OK with losing this functionality
Danny:
This is a large change. I suggest we put it in email and wait a couple of weeks.

MR: I'm happy to propose it and vote on it today

Others support proposal
<Michael Rowley>
Proposal: Remove section 2.5 Component Type Side Files.
Introspection must be used. If someone wants to modify what is generated, they can wrap it in a composite file.

MR moves to resolve issue 24 with above proposal. Mike E seconds.

Approved w/o objection

Issue 24 resolved as above.
Resoultion: Issue 24 resolved by removing section 2.5 Component Type Side Files
Anish:
The other big issue is about 2119 language. Too late to start this now.

Issue 26 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-26

Removal of XPATH 1.0 query language constraint on implementationRef attribute
Najeeb:
Proposing a plugin language that defaults to XPath 1.0

MR: I would like an argument better than consistency ... perhaps a usecase
Najeeb:
Not a consistency argument. Arguing correctness

... allow users to use other languages
Mike E:
Its valid to support only one langauge. Others can use extensibility to support other langauges.

MR: This is moot. We removed the section.

... we can close with no action.
Anish:
We are out of time ... perhaps resolve next call.

3 regrets for next week's call

... Let's cancel call. Next call Jan 29.
Resolution: 2009-01-22 call is canceled
<anish>
Attendance:

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-01-15 at 09:44:38 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 94: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Action 0051'

statistics: Schreiber found 127 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

citation-detection-irc1: Line 4: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 12: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 26: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 41: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Latest proposal'

command-scribe: Line 60: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 170: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Resoultion'

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]