Subject: Formated minutes of 2009-02-12 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Ashok for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-02-12

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Michael Rowley, (Active Endpoints, Inc.)
David Booz, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Ashok Malhotra
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00015.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  Approval of minutes
[3]  Action Item review
[4]  New Issues
[5]  Approve LSC email about introspected CT and side files
[6]  Issue discussion
[7]  Issue 12
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

anish:
1. Roll Call

2. Appointment of scribe

Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Approval of Feb 5, 2009 minutes

5. Action Items

a. Dieter to include labels for normative statements in the spec (based on how assembly/policy have done something similar)

b. Dieter to update spec for issue resolutions 23 and 25

6. SCA BPEL schedule reminder

and

Specs:

PR draft ready: March 5th

PR vote: March 12th

Testing:

Test Assertions complete 27/02/2009

TestCases complete 27/03/2009

Public review draft ready 17/04/2009

1st Public review complete 26/06/2009

7. New Issues

a) Issue 28

Assembly spec has removed the conversational interface feature

8. Approve LSC email about introspected CT and side files

9. Issue Discussion

Removal of XPATH 1.0 query language constraint on implementationRef attribute

Proposal in JIRA

TITLE - Long-Running Request-Response Operations

TITLE - Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119

keywords/statements

Awaiting tags and new appendix from Dieter

Complete the conformance section

10. AOB

Agenda bashing

Ashok:
Anish we are targeting March 5 to get the PR draft ready and vote on it on 3/12
Ashok:
... we have 1 new issue and then issue discussion ... 4 accepted issues
Ashok:
No change to agenda

Approval of minutes

Ashok:
Approved w/o
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-02-05 posted at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00006.html

approved

Action Item review

Ashok:
Dieter has done both action actions.
Ashok:
... I can mark the normative statements yellow ... editorial
Ashok:
Anish: Is JIRA up to date re. the issue 23 and 25
Ashok:
Dieter: I marked them 'applied'
Ashok:
... I reworded to make conformance statements stand on their own

New Issues

Ashok:
Issue 28

Ashok:
Remove conversations ... following Assembly's lead
Ashok:
Dieter: I skipped section 2.4 on Conversational Interfaces in anticipation of our resolving this issue by removing conversational interfaces
Ashok:
Anish: We have 63% of the membership so cannot accept this issue

Approve LSC email about introspected CT and side files

Ashok:
Anish: We decided to disallow component side file.
Ashok:
... I would like to discuss Danny's proposed email on the subject
Ashok:
MikeR: This is a proposed email, right?
Ashok:
Anish: Yes
Ashok:
MikeR: Moves to send the email written by Danny to LSC as a note from the TC
Ashok:
Najeeb seconds
Ashok:
Approves w/o
Resolution: send the email at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00020.html to LSC as official TC position/proposal

Issue discussion

Ashok:
Issue Discussion

Removal of XPATH 1.0 query language constraint on implementationRef attribute

Proposal in JIRA
Ashok:
Anish: Issue is now moot! Are we ready to CNA?
Ashok:
MikeR: Moves to close BPEL-26 with no action. Dieter seconds
Ashok:
Approves w/o Issue BPEL-26 is resolved.
Resolution: BPEL-26 resolved CNA

Issue 12

Ashok:
Danny requested this be delayed
Ashok:
Dieter: Section 2.1 is still in spec
Ashok:
MikeR: Can we try and resolves 18?
Ashok:
Anish: JIRA says resolved
Ashok:
MikeR: I was premature
Ashok:
Anish: Can we accept Dieter's changes today?
Ashok:
Anish: I have not had a chance to look at the changes
Ashok:
Najeeb: I did not get a chance to look at them
Ashok:
Anish: Let's wait till next week to resolve
Ashok:
... MikeR will put a comment that 18 not resolved yet
Ashok:
Anish: Next week we will have 12, 18, 27 and we can try and accept 28
Ashok:
... Please look at Dieter's changes. Send mail if you have comments
Ashok:
AOB?
Ashok:
COB

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-02-17 at 13:39:57 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 36: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Specs'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 37: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'PR draft ready'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 38: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'PR vote'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 40: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Testing'

statistics: Schreiber found 108 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

command-scribe: Line 9: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Since mode is offline, scribenick is not required

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed offline

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]