Subject: Formated minutes of 2009-03-05 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Dave Booz for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-03-05

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Michael Rowley, (Active Endpoints, Inc.)
David Booz, (IBM)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Dave Booz
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00038.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  agenda bashing
[2]  approval of minutes
[3]  review of AIs
[4]  TC schedule
[5]  New Issues
[6]  Plan for PRD
[7]  straggler role
[8]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-03-05-1: Dieter to get the schema files fixed to remove element "interface.partnerLinkType" and complexType "BPELPartnerLinkType"
2009-03-05-2: Anish to notify Assembly-TC that BPEL TC is updating SCA name space with incompatible change

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Dave Booz

<Sanjay>
Agenda
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of Feb 26, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00033.html
5. Action Items review
MikeR to send out rev16 containing all the resolutions from 2009-02-26 call folded in.
DONE
6. SCA BPEL schedule reminder
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00016.html
and
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00018.html
Specs -
PR draft ready: March 5th
PR vote: March 12th
Testing -
Test Assertions complete 27/02/2009
TestCases complete 27/03/2009
Public review draft ready 17/04/2009
1st Public review complete 26/06/2009
7. Opening/discussion/resolution of new issues
8. Plan for PRD
8a) Do we need to change the namespaces that we use:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200712
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca-bpel/200801
Our NS change policy is to make a change only between CDs iff there is a backward incompatible change (see http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200712)
8b) What should be in the PR package?
i) CD02/PRD with no change mark: html, pdf and word
ii) CD02/PRD with change marks from CD01: do we need all three formats or pdf is sufficient?
iii) Two schema files
iv) RDDL document for the 'sca-bpel' namespace
8c) Plan from the editors to provide us the PRD package
8d) Who are the external stakeholders that OASIS should inform as part of the PR process?
8e) PR duration?
Suggestion: minimum is 60 days, stick with the minimum (same as SCA Policy)
8f) How to deal with issues raised during the PR period either by TC members or non-TC members?
Per the process, the TC must acknowledge the receipt of each comment, track the comments received, and publish to its primary e-mail list the disposition of each comment at the end of the review period.
Suggestion: we follow SCA Policy TC's lead. Which is to create a new component/subcomponent in JIRA for PR comments. All new issues raised, after we agree on the PRD, either by non-members or members (on the TC list or the PR feedback list) be logged as new issues in the new component/subcomponent.

8g) We'll have to coordinate with the Assembly TC for appropriate RDDL updates for the 'sca' namespace.
9. Test assertion doc and testing
1st draft: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00027.html
Plan/volunteers to finish the assertions?
10. AOB

agenda bashing

AK: PRD vote scheduled for next week. Changes are minimal to date. Could we vote for PRD today?

some concensus that today would be possible

8.a updated to include item for editorial changes to Ack section and Asm and Policy spec doc references

between 8.a and 8.b will be the PRD vote

DK: Mike has asked for schema updates from this TC

8.a updated to also include Mike Es question on updated schemas

agenda approved as modified above

approval of minutes

no objections to approval of minutes
Resolution: Minutes of Feb 26, 2009 minutes as posted at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00033.html approved.

review of AIs

no updates to AIs other than what is already noted in agenda

TC schedule

SP: goes over agenda points in this topic
<Martin C>
what/where is the latest reveision of the sepc

no discussion on this topic

New Issues

none to discuss

Plan for PRD

8a) discussion on changes to namespace

AK:Any backward incompatible changes to SCA BPEL namespace?

AK:Does Assembly need to change the main SCA namespace?
<Dieter Koenig>
Dropped from common SCA namespace "http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200712":
<!-- SCA-BPEL PartnerLinkType Interface -->
<element name="interface.partnerLinkType"
type="sca:BPELPartnerLinkType" substitutionGroup="sca:interface" />
<complexType name="BPELPartnerLinkType">
<complexContent>
<extension base="sca:Interface">
<sequence>
<any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
</sequence>
<attribute name="type" type="QName" use="required" />
<attribute name="serviceRole" type="NCName" use="optional" />
<anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax" />
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

decision - there is no need to change the SCA BPEL namespace
Resolution: No change to SCA BPEL namespace for CD02/PRD

BPEL TC needs to notify namespace assembly that there is an incompatible change to the namespace as noted by DK above
<Mike Edwards>
I will join the call in about 10 mins

AK: policy would need to be updated (they are already PRD)

DB: Policy TC would have to make the decision to reflect this update in the CD, I see no problems with Policy accepting this

MC: we're voting on a CD here - and until BPEL TC accepts this incompatible change, ASM and Policy are ok

AK: would be good to have spec sync'd if possible...bindings and Java may also change the main namespace

SP: agree

MC: will assembly be making breaking changes when they accept the next CD?

DB: there are several items that have caused incompat changes to assembly namespace

MC: if we vote to accept CD today, then we need to communicate to assembly about the incompat change coming from this TC
<Martin C>
can we have a link to the latest revision please
<Mike Edwards>
Mike E is on now

SP: discussing editorial items to update the spec

AK: has a few in one email
<Dieter Koenig>
<anish>
<anish>
<anish>
<Dieter Koenig>
XML Schema to-do items:
(1) Remove element "interface.partnerLinkType" and complexType "BPELPartnerLinkType" from sca-bpel-1.1-cd01.xsd
(2) Copy the contents back into the SCA-BPEL 1.1 spec document published for PR

AK: document above does not contain ACK and schema changes, and doesn't contain Asm and Policy document references

motion: m:Anish K s:Kandero K "change Ack section to include two names from http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00026.html"

motion: m:Anish K s:Kandero K "change Ack section in CD01 rev16 document to include two names from http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00026.html"

motion passes w/o
Resolution: change Ack section in CD01 rev16 document to include two names from http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00026.html

ME: suggest we handle the schema changes by putting an AI on the editors

ME: schema in cd01 rev16 is correct...just need to update the schema files
Action: Dieter to get the schema files fixed to remove element "interface.partnerLinkType" and complexType "BPELPartnerLinkType"

ME: schema file name for BPEL is not correct
<Mike Edwards>
sca-implementation-cpp-1.1-cd02.xsd

ME: the current file name is sca-bpel-1.1-cd01.xsd
<anish>

AK: RDDL document has a different name for BPEL
<Mike Edwards>
So I think the name should be like:

AK: Looks like it follows the pattern that cpp is using
<Martin C>

MC: Asm schema doesn't include the BPEL schema
<Mike Edwards>
sca-implementation-bpel-1.1-cd02.xsd is what I think it should be
anish time check 15 minutes
Dave Booz wow, time flies today
anish tempted to make a CD02 motion

seems to be concensus to use sca-implementation-bpel-1.1-cd02.xsd

no objections to using that name
<Martin C>
assuming we vote it in
<anish>
cd01-rev16 + change in ack section + change in file name for schema + updating the schema file to remove partnerlintype + update to new NS from assembly + update assembly/policy ref to use PRD
<Dieter Koenig>
New XML Schema file names:
sca-implementation-bpel-1.1-cd02.xsd
sca-bpel-extensions-1.1-cd02.xsd
<Martin C>
copy resulting schemas back into appendix in dic

motion: m:Anish K s: "Accept cd01-rev16 + change in ack section + change in file name for schema + updating the schema file to remove partnerlintype + update to new NS from assembly + update assembly/policy ref as CD 02"

motion: m:Anish K s: martin C "Accept cd01-rev16 + change in ack section (as above) + change in file name for schema (as above)+ updating the schema file to remove partnerlintype (as above from Diter) + update to new NS from assembly + update assembly/policy ref as CD 02"
<anish>
Resolution: motion passes w/o objection
Resolution: Accept cd01-rev16 + change in ack section (as above) + change in file name for schema (as above)+ updating the schema file to remove partnerlintype (as above from Diter) + update to new NS from assembly + update assembly/policy ref as CD 02

inserts applause here
<Mike Edwards>
Applause

motion: m:Anish K s:Martin C "Make CD02 as the first public review draft"

motion passes w/o objection
Resolution: CD02 is the 1st PRD

MC: we should hold off asking TC-Admin to start PR until after Asm and Policy go PR

motion: m: Martin C s:Mike E "Public review period will be 60 days"

motion passes w/o objection
Resolution: 1st PR period will be 60 days

SP: 8b) discussion

SP: 8c) discussion

DK: When will we get the namespace from assembly?
Action: Anish to notify Assembly-TC that BPEL TC is updating SCA name space with incompatible change

MC: let's wait on producing the package until after Assembly TC meeting next week

straggler role

none

AOB

none

meeting adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-03-06 at 18:06:22 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 206: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 208: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 261: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 263: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 275: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 283: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'motion'

statistics: Schreiber found 182 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 128: Dave Booz: s/discussion/8a) discussion/

edits: Line 132: Dave Booz: s/namespaces/namespace

edits: Line 162: Dave Booz: s/as/namespace as/

command-scribe: Line 10: Dave Booz recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 22: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 30: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 37: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 39: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 42: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'PR draft ready'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 43: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'PR vote'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 56: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 57: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 71: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Suggestion'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 76: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Suggestion'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 81: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st draft'

edit-substitute: command on line 128 succeeded, changed line 126 from 'discussion' to '8a) discussion'

edit-delete: Line 128 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 132 succeeded, changed line 130 from 'namespaces' to 'namespace'

edit-delete: Line 132 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 140: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'type="sca'

edit-substitute: command on line 162 succeeded, changed line 160 from 'as' to 'namespace as'

edit-delete: Line 162 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 191: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 192: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]