Subject: Formatted minutes of 2009-05-14 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Ashok for scribing.

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-05-14

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Michael Rowley, (Active Endpoints, Inc.)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Ashok Malhotra
Agenda:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/event.php?event_id=19836

Contents

Topics
[1]  Approval of May 7, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00016.html
[2]  Action Items review
[3]  New Issues
[4]  Issue 38
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-05-14-1: Danny to provide a proposal for issue 42
2009-05-14-2: MR to propose alternate algorithm for issue 41

Resolutions

Minutes

<Sanjay>
Agenda -
<Sanjay>
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of May 7, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00016.html
5. Action Items review
#0062 Sanjay - Reword SBL-TA-SP01 to reflect new tighter spec language
PENDING
#0068 Editors - fix the typo "orginalName" in the section 2.3
PENDING
#0069 Khanderao - SBL-TA-3001: Prerequisite should be about "two or more variable declarations
PENDING
#0070 Khanderao - SBL-TA-2020: replace the Prerequisite statements a) and b) by the combined statement - "Multiple partner links (defined in different scopes) share the same name".
PENDING
#0071 Khanderao - SBL-TA-2022: Include 'prerequisite of SBL-TA-2020' as additional prerequisite
PENDING
#0072 Khaderao - SBL-TA-3002 Update prerequisites a) and c) on the lines of: a) a variable declaration has an sca-bpel property attribute b) a value is provided for the property via component configuration
PENDING
#0073 Danny - To further the issue 41 discussion in email
PENDING
#0074 Khanderao - Change the target of 3003 to CT
PENDING
#0075 Najeeb - Raise new issue about requirement of multiplicity (ref: SBL-TA-3004)
DONE
#0076 Khanderao - refind the target of 3005
PENDING
#0077 Anish - fix the target where it says: "The component type of the component that uses " with "CT of the BPEL process"
PENDING
6. New Issues
a. Issue 42 SBPEL3004 has an incorrect 'MAY'
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-42
7. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 38: Is the 'MUST' in section 2.1.2 needed?
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-38
Email Discussion
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200904/msg00062.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200904/msg00064.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200904/msg00070.html
b) Issue 39 References to WS-BPEL 2.0 Attributes "myRole" and "partnerRole"
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-39
Email discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00003.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00004.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00012.html
c) Issue 41 SBPEL2022 has an incorrect 'MAY' and is not applied recursively
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-41
Awaiting more email discussion (Danny to kick off more discussion)
8. Test assertion doc
Latest Draft v06: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200904/msg00028.html
Review TAs added by Khanderao starting at SBL-TA-3008
Review TAs added by Sanjay starting at SBL-TA-SP04
9. Plan for testing
Seeking volunteers to write test cases
10. AOB

Approval of May 7, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00016.html

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

Action Items review

AI-62 -Pending

AI-68 - Keep open
Najeeb:
Let's club this with other channges
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-05-07 posted at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00016.html approved
Khanderao:
I will take care of my AI's this week. Keep them pending

AI-73 Danny: I sent mail. No response. Closed.

AI-75 Done

AI-77 Pending

New Issues

Issue 42 SBPEL3004 has an incorrect 'MAY'
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-42

Najeeb recommends changing MAY to 'can'.

MikeE moves open BPEL-42. Second Khanderao.

Approved w/o objection. BPEL-42 is opened.
<Mike Edwards>
I think that there is a normative statement here

Issue discussion
<Mike Edwards>
with a MUST
<Mike Edwards>
"To represent an SCA multi-valued reference a WS-BPEL process MUST use a variable which is declared with a sca-bpel:multiReference extension element."
<Mike Edwards>
that is a possible formulation
<Dieter Koenig>
+1
<anish>
+1 as well
Resolution: issue 42 opened

MikeE moves to resolves Issue 42 with the following:
<Mike Edwards>
Replace the text of SBPEL3004 with: "To represent an SCA multi-valued reference a WS-BPEL process MUST use a variable which is declared with a sca-bpel:multiReference extension element."
<Mike Edwards>
<Mike Edwards>
folk are welcome to propose an alternative set of words - but I am not following the comments

AI on Danny to prepare an alternate proposal.

Motion by MikeE expires. No second.
Action: Danny to provide a proposal for issue 42

Issue 38

<Michael Rowley>
2.1.2 Handling @initializePartnerRole

> If a partner link is marked with initializePartnerRole="yes" then any component that uses this business process as an implementation MUST configure the corresponding service or reference using binding, promotion and wiring configuration that guarantees that the partner link's partner role will be initialized as soon as the partner link becomes active. If the partner link is mapped to a service, the callback binding would be the relevant binding for this requirement.
MikeE:
Example would be nice.
<Michael Rowley>
For example <reference name="myRef" target="someTarget">
Sanjay:
For the edge-case the example would be complicated

MR: Moves to resolve BPEL-38 by replacing section 2.1.2 with above wording

MikeE seconds
Anish:
Can this be tested for bother service and reference?

Motion approved w/o objection. Issue 38 resolved.
Resolution: issue 38 is resolved with the proposal pasted in chat by MikeR
<Dieter Koenig>
Proposal for BP-39 (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00012.html)
Change from (the resolution of BP-31):
[SBPEL3011] The partnerLinkType and partnerRole attributes of the
<partnerLink> MUST be the same as the partnerLinkType and partnerRole
attributes of the <sca-bpel:multiReference> child element of the variable
whose @name value is same as the value of the @multiRefFrom attribute of
the <partnerLink>.
To:
[SBPEL3011] For the <sca-bpel:multiReference> child element of the variable
whose @name value is same as the value of the @multiRefFrom attribute of
the <partnerLink>, both of the following MUST be true:
(1) The partnerLinkType attribute of the <partnerLink> is the same as the
partnerLinkType attribute of the <sca-bpel:multiReference>.
(2) The name of the partnerRole for the <partnerLink> is the same as the
partnerRole attribute of the <sca-bpel:multiReference>.

Danny moves to accept above as resolution to BPEL-39. Dieter seconds.

Approved w/oobjection BPEL-39 is resolved.
Resolution: Issue 39 resolved with proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00012.html

c) Issue 41 SBPEL2022 has an incorrect 'MAY' and is not applied recursively
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-41
Awaiting more email discussion (Danny to kick off more discussion)

Danny had sent mail about this.
Danny van der Rijn: Scope1
shipping
_shipping_2
receiving
_receiving_2

Scope2
_shipping_1
_receiving_1
shipping
receiving

MR: Discusses alternate algorithm

Action on MR to propose alternate algorithm for issue 41
<Martin C>
can you rely on lexcial ordering in xml?
Danny van der Rijn: why couldn't you?
Danny van der Rijn: [I think you can]
<anish>
i think u can
<anish>
too
<anish>
even for an Infoset

COB
Action: MR to propose alternate algorithm for issue 41
<Martin C>
you can if you express a mechanism, but thats a bit strange for plain ole bpel folks

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-05-15 at 14:55:38 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 108: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'AI-73 Danny'

statistics: Schreiber found 168 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 106: Ashok: s/Kamderao/Khanderao/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 5: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 13: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 52: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) Issue 38'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 56: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 58: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 60: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Email discussion'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 65: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 70: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 74: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Latest Draft v06'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 88: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

command-scribe: Line 90: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 106 succeeded, changed line 104 from 'Kamderao' to 'Khanderao'

edit-delete: Line 106 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 117: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 158: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 160: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 161: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 162: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 211: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]