Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] [Issue 41]: SBPEL2022 has an incorrect 'MAY' and isnot applied recursively

I think we are close.
There are two things that need to be fixed:
1) I don't think _originalName_1 and _originalName_N make any sense
(they are not defined in any case). We should just talk about
_originalName_i, where i is the smallest positive integer that is large
enought ...
2) It does not say anything about using this algorithm on partnerlink in
the lexical order. Without the requirement for the lexical order we'll
not get deterministic CT. (more on this in the inlined comment below.

Danny van der Rijn wrote:
> After talking with Najeeb, I agree with his objection to the word
> "choosing" implying that there is a choice.  We suggest changing
> Michael's excellent proposal by removing that word from the proposal:
>
> ·          The number suffix generated for a partner link MUST be
> generated by choosing the smallest integer that is large enough so that
> the resulting name does not conflict with the service or reference name
> of any /previous/ partner link in the process.
>
> Document enclosed that does that, fixes the "orginal" typos, removes a
> colon, and changes "integer" to "positive integer"
>
> To see what this proposal would do to my pathological example:
>
> Scope1
>      shipping            -> shipping
>      _shipping_2         -> _shipping_2
>      receiving           -> receiving
>      _receiving_2        -> _receiving_2
>
>   Scope2
>     shipping             -> _shipping_1
>     receiving            -> _receiving_1
>     _shipping_1          -> __shipping_1_1
>     _receiving_1         -> __receiving_1_1

I don't think this is right OR at the very least I see this as a bad
outcome if it is in fact right.

original name _shipping_1 does not have a conflict and should not be
mangled. I believe this is what we want:

Scope1
      shipping            -> _shipping_3
      _shipping_2         -> _shipping_2
      receiving           -> _receiving_3
      _receiving_2        -> _receiving_2

Scope2
      shipping             -> _shipping_4
      receiving            -> _receiving_4
      _shipping_1          -> _shipping_1
      _receiving_1         -> _receiving_1

> and if we make it slightly differently pathologically tailored to this
> algorithm:
>
> Scope1
>      shipping            -> shipping
>      _shipping_2         -> _shipping_2