Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Formatted minutes of 2009-09-03 telcon

This time with attendee list included.

-Anish
--

Anish Karmarkar wrote:
> Attached.
> Thanks to Danny for scribing.
>
> -Anish
> --

Title: SCA-BPEL - 2009-09-03

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Anish Karmarkar
Scribe
Danny van der Rijn
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200909/msg00002.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Approval of Aug 27 minutes
[2]  Issue 52
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-09-03-1: Mike E to file an issue about skipping a PL wrt CT introspection
2009-09-03-2: Anish to file a separate issue about what a conformant runtime does when a non-conformant SCA BPEL doc is provided

Resolutions

Minutes

<anish>
Agenda --
<anish>
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of Aug 27, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00055.html
5. Action Items review
None
6. New Issues
None
7. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 52
CT generation (section 2.1.1) does not take into consideration the multRefFrom attribute
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-52
Initial proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200907/msg00037.html
Addendum to the proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00014.html
Proposal from Anish: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00035.html
Alternate proposal from Najeeb: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00049.html
Latest proposal from Najeeb: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200909/msg00000.html
b) Issue 41
SBPEL2022 has an incorrect 'MAY' and is not applied recursively
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-41
Email discussion -
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00035.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00041.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200905/msg00044.html
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00011.html
Proposal v2: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00036.html
Proposal v3: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00051.html
c) Issue 53
BPEL Process: References with Multiplicity 0..1 - how are they supposed to work?
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-53
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00021.html
d) Issue 54
sca-bpel:multiReference/@partnerLinkType and sca-bpel:multiReference/@partnerRole cardinality
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-54
Proposal: in Jira
e) Issue 55
Co-occurrence constraints on sca-bpelroperty attribute and sca-bpel:multiReference element
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-55
Proposal: in Jira
f) Issue 46
SBPEL3006 isn't deterministic
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-46
no proposal
g) Issue 50
Need more examples in the specification
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-50
no proposal
8. AOB

Scribe: Danny van der Rijn

Approval of Aug 27 minutes

minutes approved
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-08-27 located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200908/msg00055.html approved

Issue 52

<anish>

Najeeb has a proposal out.
Najeeb:
I've made changes based on our last conversation.
<Mike Edwards>
greetings

discussion around getting rid of 2004.2 in proposal
<Mike Edwards>
I have to say that is for discussions like this that desktop sharing technology would help a LOT
:
<Mike Edwards>
[SPEL3011.1] A variable with the sca-bpel:multiReference extension MUST be referenced by one and only one partnerLink element with an sca-bpel:multiRefFrom attribute

furthermore ".. by *the* one and only one pL .. which *it* references" ... ?
Mike E:
As Mike R pointed out, 2 pL's couldn't share the same variable. Does this bother us?
Mike E:
Do we need the ability to have (nested) pL's that don't get exposed
Martin:
I think we need that

+1

Mike: Better to assume exposure and have to explicitly suppress
Martin:
agree

+1
Anish:
separate issue
Mike E:
Say I have inner partnerLink declared, and mark it with 'skip' -- I'm still able to copy an EPR into it programmatically.
Action: Mike E to file an issue about skipping a PL wrt CT introspection
Anish:
What's the value of plT and partnerRole in the multiRef vbl?
Najeeb:
it makes an association
Anish:
the runtime is going to the "exactly one pL referencing it" check already.
Anish:
So now you've got duplicate information that needs to be kept in sync by the editor

Danny, Mike E: +1
Mike E:
a pL that point to a variable in effect says "go initialize this variable for me"
Najeeb:
OK with removing the attributes
Anish:
If we do that, that would take care of another of my comments
Anish:
One more comment left - proposal talks about throwing an exception rather than generating an error. Rest of spec talks about generating errors.
Anish:
(Separate Issue - we don't really say what generating an error means...)
Action: Anish to file a separate issue about what a conformant runtime does when a non-conformant SCA BPEL doc is provided
Danny:
can remove 3005.1 since this case would have been rejected by static analysis
Anish:
reworded 3011.1 takes care of the need for 3005.1. Remove 3005.1
Mike E:
If we are able to characterize property-setting and multiref from as vbl initialization, we should do so, and disallow other initializers on those vbls. I'll raise such an issue.
Najeeb:
I came up with a virtual initialization expression explaining how the variable gets initialized
Mike E:
Don't like example. Problem is in implying $SCARuntime.xxx exists
Najeeb:
OK with removing example.

Anish:
enough changes that would require a new version of the proposal. Najeeb to produce it.
<Mike Edwards>
actually you dont extend <from>
Anish:
Hopefully, we can accept the edited proposal quickly next week
<Mike Edwards>
you have an extension element that replaces <copy/>
<Mike Edwards>
and that extension element can contain pretty well anything

@Mike - exactly, so it replaces the from and the to, so there's no extension of from itself. So we're good on the proposed wording?
Najeeb:
picture in section 3.2 needs to be changed as well if we go with this proposal
Anish:
Dieter has the source if you don't. Or Mike Rowley.
Anish:
Or could resolve with action for editors to fix.

referee calls time. Straggler roll.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-09-03 at 14:34:13 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 116: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Mike'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 136: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Danny, Mike E'

statistics: Schreiber found 122 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 82: Danny: s/Topic: Issue 52/Topic: Approval of Aug 27 minutes/

edits: Line 164: anish: s/property/reference/

edits: Line 182: Danny: s/extresnsion/extension/

edits: Line 184: Danny: s/extrension/extension/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 4: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 12: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 24: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 25: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Initial proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 33: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 35: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 36: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 37: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 38: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 39: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal v2'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 40: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal v3'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 43: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'BPEL Process'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 45: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 48: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'sca-bpel'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 49: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 50: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Proposal'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

command-scribe: Line 78: Danny van der Rijn recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 82 succeeded, changed line 80 from 'Topic: Issue 52' to 'Topic: Approval of Aug 27 minutes'

edit-delete: Line 82 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 164 succeeded, changed line 162 from 'property' to 'reference'

edit-delete: Line 164 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 184 succeeded, changed line 178 from 'extrension' to 'extension'

edits-command-processing: In command on line 182 search text 'extresnsion' was not found.

edit-delete: Line 184 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]