sca-c-cpp-comment message

Subject: Microsoft public review comments on SCA C/C++ implementation modelspecifications

This is Microsoft’s public comment about the following two specifications under public review per announcement [1]:

-   Service Component Architecture Client and Implementation Model for C++ Specification Version 1.1

-   Service Component Architecture Client and Implementation Model for C Specification Version 1.1

We have been attempting to review the above specifications, but have been unable to complete our review due the following problems with the specifications as published:

1) The revised C and C++ specifications http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-c-cpp/sca-ccni-1.1-spec-cd04.pdf and http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-c-cpp/sca-cppcni-1.1-spec-cd04.html include markup to indicate changes but we could not find where the clean versions are provided. There is enough markup in these documents to make the document impossible to review in places.

2) The RDDL document for http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912 refers to at least two XML Schema documents that are not valid.  For example the first XML schema listed (http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-1.1-cd05.xsd) apparently contains invalid whitespace, and the 5th item (http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-policy-1.1-intents-definitions-cd03.xsd)returns “HTTP 404 Not Found” error.

3) The RDDL document for http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912 refers to at least one XML Schema document that returns a 404. For example the 5th XML Schema listed (http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-policy-1.1-intents-definitions-cd03.xsd) is not retrievable (404 error).

4) But the biggest obstacle in our reviewing of the specifications is the fact that the required C/C++ header files are missing from the specifications. Without being able to review the C/C++ header files, it is impossible to perform a complete and meaningful review of the specifications.

Sincerely,

Michael Champion,

Microsoft Corporation

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201002/msg00005.html