sca-c-cpp message

Subject: Not ready for CD votes

There are some TC process changes that go into effect on 15 Oct.  The change that impacts us the most deals with requirements for Public Reviews.  The new process requires that any changes in a document (other than to a specific things in the front matter and footer) require a PR (i.e. a TC no longer has the ability to decide that changes are not substantive).

There was some discussion about the impacts of this on the Assembly 1.1 documents, specifically will they have to have a third PR or not since the vote on the most recent set of changes being not substantive has already occurred but CS votes have not been approved - an likely will not be until the Java TC is ready.  The Assembly TC Chairs are going to get some clarification from TC Admin.  I hope to know the outcome of that next week.

While this is taking place, I think it is best to wait another week (our call next week would be on the 14th - still before the new process takes place so we can vote CDs and vote the changes non-substantive if appropriate).

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
WW Center of Excellence for Enterprise Systems & Banking Center of Excellence Application Integration Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com