Subject: SVN now live

The OASIS SVN installation is now up and running for use by TCs. I am working under the assumption that those that want to use SVN know how to do so; what I know couldn’t even fill a thimble. The SVN implementation is tied to Kavi authentication meaning if you use your Kavi login/password you should be able to write; the world should be able to see all files/download them.

http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/

This storage does not replace either the Kavi document repository or the OASIS Library at docs.oasis-open.org; it is meant to be used for tracking working documents or code development. The policy for its use follows and is posted on the tools.oasis-open.org page.

I will be making a general announcement to the Chairs list in the next few days; in the meantime please let me know if you experience any problems.

Regards,

Mary

********************

In an effort to accommodate Technical Committees with multiple editors and support the use collaborative authoring/editing tools that are not inherently part of the Kavi application, the following policy is set forth to provide a set of guidelines related to the use of collaborative authoring/editing/versioning system.

This policy includes, but is not limited to, the following:

    * wikis located at http://wiki.oasis-open.org

    * files located at http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control

    * issues lists maintained at http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues

The site:

    * The site and all of its contents must be publicly viewable/readable by the general public.

    * The site and access to all of its contents must not require a login for read-only access.

The TC home page:

    * The location (URI) and a brief description must be posted on TC public home page (maintained by the TC Chair and/or Secretary).

Access Permissions:

    * Write access must be provided to all TC Members, Voting Members, Chairs and Secretaries.

    * TC Observers and the general public must not be allowed write access.

TC Document Repository (wiki and version control only at this time)

    * At least once a month (unless no work has been done), and prior to each TC meeting at which one or more documents will be discussed, a Working Draft of any/all documents must be uploaded to the TC document repository, properly identified according to the Naming Guidelines (links to the non-Kavi system are insufficient)

    * All TC member reviews and ballots must be based on a Working Draft as posted to the TC document repository (links to the non-Kavi system are insufficient)

Mary P McRae

Director, Technical Committee Administration

email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

web: www.oasis-open.org

phone: 1.603.232.9090