Subject: Re: [sca-j] ISSUE-126: Instance Instantiation or "Class" Instantiation

David Booz wrote:
> http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-126
>
> Dave Booz
> STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
> Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC and SCA-J TC
> "Distributed objects first, then world hunger"
> Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
> e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
>
> Inactive hide details for C Vamsi ---01/30/2009 10:06:53 AM---TARGET:
> sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd02.doc DESCRIPTION:C Vamsi ---01/30/2009 10:06:53
> AM---TARGET: sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd02.doc DESCRIPTION:
>

> From:
> C Vamsi <vamsic007@in.ibm.com>
>
> To:
> OASIS Java <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> Date:
> 01/30/2009 10:06 AM
>
> Subject:
> [sca-j] NEW ISSUE: Instance Instantiation or "Class" Instantiation

> TARGET: sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd02.doc

> In Java C&I spec that section 5 is named "Implementation Instance
> Instantiation". Should it be one of "Implementation Class Instantiation" or
> "Implementation Instance Creation"?  We instantiate a class, not an
> instance!
>
> PROPOSAL:
> 1. Rename section 5 to "Implementation Class Instantiation"
> 2. On line 252, change "instances" to "class" so that the sentence reads:
> A Java implementation class must provide a public or protected constructor
> that can be used by the SCA runtime to instantiate implementation class.

I agree that this wording is incorrect and a change is needed.

I'd like to suggest the following alternative rewording:
1. Rename section 5 to "Implementation Instance Creation"
2. On line 252, change "instantiate" to "create" so that the sentence reads:
A Java implementation class must provide a public or protected constructor
that can be used by the SCA runtime to create implementation instances.

   Simon