Subject: Issue 166: directional proposal

Issue 166 [1] asks if Spring CI should support annotations. Here is a
directional proposal:

I have gone back-and-forth on whether it make sense to support SCA
annotations for Spring CI. My current thoughts are that while
annotations are what developers prefer these days, for the Spring C&I
there is no getting away from writing an XML file for the app context.
We have modified the Spring CI in such a way that the app context has
SCA extensions that would allow one to do (almost) anything that one
could do with annotations.
Given this, what I would like to suggest is that for v1.1 we don't
support annotations. This makes things easier for v1.1: less delay, we
don't have to deal with the issue of merging annotations present in the
code with SCA extensions in the XML files, and dealing with
conflicts/overrides. Depending on dev feedback, it would always be
possible to add annotation support in v.next.

Comments.

Thanks.

-Anish
--