Subject: Formatted minutes of 2011-05-16 telcon

Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201105/msg00025.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  approval of minutes
[3]  CSD/PR request
[4]  AI review
[5]  volunteers for updating POJO/CAA specs/TCs for resolved issues
[6]  issue 238
[7]  issue 239
[8]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2011-05-16-1: MikeE to investigate the test/JAX-WS issue and find out how difficult/easy it is to run tests with SE5
2011-05-16-2: anish to post his analysis of CAA spac untested items

Resolutions

Minutes

<anish>
Agenda --
<anish>
1. Roll call
2. Scribe appointment
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Meeting Minutes
Minutes of 2011-05-09 telcon:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201105/msg00021.html
5. TC Administrivia
a. Recording issue status - 8 open, 0 new
6. ACTION ITEMS
2011-05-09-1: Anish to initiate a CSD and PR for Spring spec with the TC admin
2011-05-09-2: Mike to fix editorial problems with the TC document & make proposal for Issue 238
7. Planning for PR of various specs
a) CAA spec: apply issue 233
b) CAA TA: apply issue 235, apply issue 232
c) CAA TC: apply issues 215? & 234
d) POJO spec: apply issue 231
e) POJO TA: apply issue 236
f) POJO TC: apply issue 222, ref udpate(?)
g) Spring: DONE
h) Spring TC: WD01 ready, need edits to remove JMS-isms + issue 238
8. New Issues (requires 2/3)
NONE
9. Issues with proposals
NONE
10. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)
a. Issue 238 TA and TC needed for SPR30005
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-238
Awating proposal from Mike
b. Issue 239 JCI90003 -- Java SE 5 requirement should be on the runtime not on the class
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-239
c. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)
d. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174
e. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)
f. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)
g. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
Waiting for updated proposal
h. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list
11. AOB
a. straggler role
12. Spec status
CAA (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
2 new issue, 2nd PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD05 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlhttp://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201012/msg00000.htmlTA: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD
TC: CD01 PR ended 2010-10-24, 0 open issue, CSD02 expected to be final CSD
POJO (part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 2st PR ended 2010-12-08, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: Tuscany (compliant), 2nd impl: ??
TA: CSD01 PR ended 2010-12-23
TC: CDS01 PR ended 2010-12-23
EJB Binding (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
0 open issues, 1st PR done, CSD03 expected to be final CSD
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
TC: WD stage, no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
Spring C&I (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
1st CSD undergoing 30 day PR
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA/TC: WD01 available
JEE (not part of 1st batch of 1.1 specs):
6 open issues, WD stage (not actively worked on), no CSD yet, 60 day PR needed
1st impl: ??, 2nd impl: ??
TA: no work done
TC: no work done
<anish>
Chairs: Anish Karmarkar & Dave Booz
<anish>
3 of 5 VM present: 60%

Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

Agenda bashing

Agenda approved

approval of minutes

Resolution: Minutes of 2011-05-09 telcon located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201105/msg00021.html

CSD/PR request

Anish submitted them.
<Bryan Aupperle>
Re the CSD creation... Thank you for your request. We will confirm receipt and schedule the QC review shortly. You can follow the progress at:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-494

Anish to check if appropriate issues have been filed

Bryan points out that appropriate issues have been filed

Discussion on whether any other community/ML needs to be informed about the PR

No one brought up other ML/community

AI review

2011-05-09-1: Anish to initiate a CSD and PR for Spring spec with the TC admin

DONE

2011-05-09-2: Mike to fix editorial problems with the TC document & make proposal for Issue 238

PENDING

volunteers for updating POJO/CAA specs/TCs for resolved issues

Anish to look into it

issue 238

Mike has the pen to update it and an AI to propose a resolution for 238

issue 239

what is the java version for conformant runtimes?

two issues: what is the minimum? and should we allow higher SE versions?
<Mike Edwards>
Java 5 is the minimum for an SCA runtime
Bryan:
we introduced SE5 for annotations
<Mike Edwards>
higher is OK as long as component implementations at 5.x are supported

consensus on allowing higher versions
Martin:
we may have to introduce a 'MAY' here -- a runtime MAY reject an artifact of higher version
<Mike Edwards>
aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
<Mike Edwards>

MartinC : agreed, im sure theres a positive way to say it - must not reject 5.x, and leave the reast ambiguous
<Mike Edwards>
+1

what about the minimum version number?

Jim has made two points

SE 5 is EOLed and he believes that our tests actually require SE6

Anish does not find the EOL argument compeling, especially if we allow higher versions. We just need to state the minimum, a customer or vendor can decide if they care about support and choose 5 or higher.

... but do need to check on our tests: either fix them to require 5 or change our minimim
<Mike Edwards>
hmm - the tests do use JAX-WS
Bryan:
the stmt we are trying to make is that you MUST support annotations.
<Mike Edwards>
as built, they use the JAX-WS from the JDK, which implies JDK 6

... you can use web services with SE 5
<Mike Edwards>
however, with a tweaked build you can use JDK 5
<Mike Edwards>
I note the build files are just samples and are not nromative

... not sure from a technical perspective we can say that SE5 is not sufficient
<Mike Edwards>
normative
Dave:
what is the downside of moving to SE6
anish:
if a customer/vendor has a compeling need to stay with 5, if we don't require any 6 features why should the minimum be 6. If we not running a support org, we are writing a spec and should state a min. But we absolutely need to ensure that our test run fine with our minimum bar
Dave:
don't feel strongly. We don't want to have the device guys out of this space because of version issues
Anish:
Bryan/Dave, can you ping MikeE on this wrt tests? If this is a pain wrt 5 then we may want to move up, if not, I can't see a reason to move up.
Action: MikeE to investigate the test/JAX-WS issue and find out how difficult/easy it is to run tests with SE5

AOB

Bryan:
anish had did an analysis of CAA spec wrt untested items, was that posted
anish:
no
Action: anish to post his analysis of CAA spac untested items
<Mike Edwards>
I can tell you now that it is *possible* to run the tests with JDK 5
<Mike Edwards>
messy build tho since you have to get JAX-WS from somewhere
<Mike Edwards>
we used to do this in Tuscany
anish mike, how difficult is it to run and maintain thoses tests?
<Mike Edwards>
but not any more
<Mike Edwards>
I am not minded to create a version of the tests that use JDK 5
<Mike Edwards>
someone else is welcome to do that if they wish

Meeting adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2011-05-20 at 15:43:44 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-J TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair 'Anish Karmarkar & Dave Booz' was assumed

citation-detection-scribed: Line 145: Check for possible unrecognized nick '2011-05-09-1'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 149: Check for possible unrecognized nick '2011-05-09-2'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 165: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'two issues'

statistics: Schreiber found 155 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 137: anish: s/files/filed/

citation-detection-irc1: Line 12: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 18: Check for possible unrecognized nick '2011-05-09-1'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 20: Check for possible unrecognized nick '2011-05-09-2'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 23: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) CAA spec'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 24: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'b) CAA TA'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 25: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'c) CAA TC'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 26: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'd) POJO spec'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 27: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'e) POJO TA'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 28: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'f) POJO TC'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 29: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'g) Spring'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 30: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'h) Spring TC'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 40: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 46: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'c. JAVA-109'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 47: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 51: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'd. JAVA-174'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 52: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'e. JAVA-91'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 58: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'f. JAVA-93'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 62: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'g. JAVA-108'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 63: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'h. JAVA-88'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 78: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st impl'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 79: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 84: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st impl'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 90: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st impl'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 96: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st impl'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 97: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TA/TC'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 101: Check for possible unrecognized nick '1st impl'

command-scribe: Line 113: anish is a nick for Anish Karmarkar who will be named as scribe

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 122: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 131: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

edit-substitute: command on line 137 succeeded, changed line 135 from 'files' to 'filed'

edit-delete: Line 137 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 181: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'MartinC '

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]