Subject: RE: [sca-policy] NEW ISSUE: How to configure policySets

[Can we have an issue number assigned asap, please]

Some comments inline ...

I am guessing that you want to support binding configuration by allowing
extensibility of policySets but not standardize the configuration model
itself. Am I right?

> 2. If the 'requires' attribute is  used in conjunction with
> a policySet
> attribute it's not clear what the semantics are.
> At one time the intents in the 'requires'  list  were used to
>  configure
> the  policySets  but that  meaning seems  to have been lost.

I think we would still want to keep the intents mechanism such that the
developers can express abstract requirements and deployers can validate
any selected bindings for the concerned wire, right?

> PROPOSAL:
>
> For the  reasons cited above,  I suggest that policySets and
> intents be
> associated with SCDL elements using child elements.
> For example:
>
> <service> or <reference>
>
> <binding name = "xs:string"
>
> <policySet name="xs:QName" select="xs:string"*> *
>      <requires name ="xs:QName"/> *
>
> </service> or </reference>

I understand why we might want to have policySet as an element. I am not
sure why we would want to make 'requires' as an element (vs. an
attribute)?

-- Sanjay