Subject: Re: [sca-policy] Issue 26 - security policy schema change - updatedproposal

Folks,

A comment on one of Rich's points:

"  Also, question on the above: wouldn't it make sense to have
 "exactlyOnce" and the other reliability intents be qualifiers to
 to a parent "reliability" intent? (If so, I could submit new issue,
 if not, then this is just a typo fix)
"

Ah well, this was a debating point when the reliability intents were
first created.  The way that Dave has them is correct.  Of course, that
is not to say that the organisation of those intents is not debateable
- Rich is certainly free to raise an issue to change things.

I would ask for good reasons to make a change, if it is merely cosmetic.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

"Rich.Levinson" <rich.levinson@oracle.com>

30/06/2008 01:45

Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
OASIS Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [sca-policy] Issue 26 - security policy schema change - updated proposal

Based on action from 6/23 conf call I am providing
feedback on this proposal.

Just a couple of minor comments:

 line 46: needs trailing "/" in: " <allow roles="listOfNCNames"/> "

 line 93: same as line 46, needs trailing "/"

 lines 101-102 says "... MUST satisfy the following security management
   requirements."  and then the section ends. This is confusing. It appeared
   to me that the reqts were left out, but see next comments:

 line 102: I suggest it should be terminated with a ":" and then apply the next
   suggestion for lines 104-127.

 lines 104-127: I suggest making this a list of 4 bullets rather than
   4 section numbers.

Additional comment I noticed in the main FW document, wd5,
 line 391:

   provides
="authentication.message exactlyOne"
 should probably read:

   provides
="authentication.message exactlyOnce"

 Also, question on the above: wouldn't it make sense to have
 "exactlyOnce" and the other reliability intents be qualifiers to
 to a parent "reliability" intent? (If so, I could submit new issue,
 if not, then this is just a typo fix)

   Thanks,
   Rich

Mike Edwards wrote:

Dave,

Yes, cranky and foaming at the mouth......

...but I can't resist easy targets:

Line 56 has "
</denyAll> ", which I believe should read "<denyAll/>"

Much more wickedly, I suspect that the maxOccurs attributes added in the schema between 202 and 235

may need revisiting, but here I defer to the XSD geniuses.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:
mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>

19/06/2008 21:24

sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sca-policy] Issue 26 - security policy schema change - updated proposal

This closes another of my AIs from the F2F, and creates more fodder for
Mike E :-)  He's so cranky these days.

(See attached file: Issue26_proposal_v2.doc)

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093

e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome[attachment "Issue26_proposal_v2.doc" deleted by Mike Edwards/UK/IBM] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS
at:

Unless stated otherwise above:

Unless stated otherwise above: