Subject: Re: [sca-policy] [ISSUE 15] External attachment - Alternative Proposal

Hi Mike:
I'm sympathetic to this proposal but I want to make sure I understand it
completely.

If I have an intent attached to a SCDL element, that intent must be
satisfied either by a policy in a policySet
that is directly attached to the SCDL element or a policySet using the
external attachment mechanism.
If this is correct, it does not address the usecase where I have a set
of corporate policies that specify how
encryption, authentication etc. must be done but do not need to be
mentioned explicitly.  They are pulled
in at deployment time to address appropriate intents and can be changed
independently of the SCDL.
I think this is a significant usecase.

All the best, Ashok