Subject: [sca-policy] Policy TC Aug 24th minutes(raw)

Dave Booz: Agenda SCA Policy Telecon - Aug 24 2009

Callin Number: See below

Chatroom: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sca-policy-TC

1. Roll call

2. Confirm minute taker

3. Agenda bashing

4. Meeting Minutes
Vote to accept minutes from Aug 17 2009
- http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33829/SCA%20Policy%20minutes%202009-08-17.pdf

5. TC Administrivia:
a. Recording issue status - 9 Open

6. PRD status update
a. 9 issues from PR 01 comment list that need responses

7. ACTION ITEMS:
a. 20090706-01: status=pending; Mike E: Prepare an updated version of the Specification containing the resolution of Issue 95
b. 20090810-01: status=pending; Ashok to prepare words for the resolution of Issue 79

8. New Issues
none

9. Blocking Issue Discussion
None

10. Testing Discussion
a. Test assertion document status
Latest Documents (pdf): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33759/SCA-Policy-1.1-Test-Assertions-WD-03.pdf
(doc): http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33758/SCA-Policy-1.1-Test-Assertions-WD-03.doc

11. Additional Issue Discussion
a. ISSUE 97: Suggestion to address suspected default/unqualified intent ambiguity
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-97
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200907/msg00051.html
Pending wording from Rich and Ashok

b. ISSUE 79: Do intents have to be supported if only External Attachment supported?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-79
Latest discussion: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200908/msg00049.html

c. ISSUE 87: Clarification re. values of @appliesTo.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-87

d. ISSUE 94: Allow intents to be attached using an element
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-94

e. ISSUE 93: Allow external attachment for intents
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-93

f. ISSUE 92: Block Intent Inheritance
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-92

g. ISSUE 90: Fine-grained authorization
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-90

h. ISSUE 89: Location of intents and policySets
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-89

i. ISSUE 104: Clarify meaning of 'does not have to support intents' in Conformance section
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-104

12. AOB
a. straggler role
Plamen: Scribe: Plamen
Plamen: 3. Agenda bashing
Plamen: start with http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-89
after that http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-90
Plamen: 4. Meeting Minutes
Bob I just joined, sory for my tardiness
Plamen: accepted without objections
Plamen: 5. TC Administrivia:
Ashok Martin I added you to the attendance
Plamen: 7. ACTION ITEMS:
Plamen: both action items still pending
Plamen: 8. New Issues
none

9. Blocking Issue Discussion
None
Plamen: 10. Testing Discussion
no updates
Plamen: 11. Additional Issue Discussion
Plamen: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-97
Rich will send draft to Ashok later today
Plamen: Issue http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-89
Plamen: Ashok describes the problem
Plamen: Ashok: motion to close Policy-89 with no action
Plamen: Rich seconds
Plamen: motion passes with no objections
Plamen: policy-89 is closed with no action
Plamen: Issue http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-90
Plamen: Ashok walk us through
Ashok Bob, I added you to the roll
Plamen: Askok wonders whether policy-90 is not overtaken by another issue
Plamen: Ashok moves to accept the proposal in the Jira to remove the fineGrain from authorization intent
Plamen: Rich seconds
Plamen: motion passes without objections
Plamen: Issue http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-87
Plamen: Ashok describes the issue
Plamen: Dave we need to change the syntax of the example
Plamen: Rich why XPath is needed
Plamen: Ashok describes the reason
Plamen: Action: Ashok to provide wording to resolve issue policy-87
Plamen: Issue http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-104
Plamen: Ashok asks whether this is covered by 79
Mike Edwards: Greetings
Plamen: AOB
Plamen: straggler role
Plamen: Next 2 calls are canceled
Plamen: next tel. conf will be after 3 weeks