Subject: Suggested wording for Issue 94

I have prepared wording changes for issue 94 as we discussed on Monday's
call.  See attached
But a there is an important related issue that we need to discuss.

Currently, intents can be attached to any SCA element using the
@requires attribute.  As discussed,
I have prepared wording that allows intents to be attached using the
@requires attribute or the <requires>
child element.

we extend the Schema to allow
the <requires> child element on the <binding> and <implementation>
elements (rather than all SCA elements).
This comment recognizes the fact that intents apply to bindings and/or
implementations and we might as well
allow them to be attached only to these elements.  We are sympathetic to
this and, in fact, opened issue ISSUE 92: Block Intent Inheritance
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-92
to address this.

We can discuss this on Monday.  I have not made changes to the XML
Schema  in the
Assembly spec but these should be straightforward once we agree on the
overall direction.
--
All the best, Ashok

sca-policy-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4-Issue94.doc

sca-policy-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4-Issue94.pdf