Subject: PUBLIC REVIEW ISSUE Policy 93 External Attachment of Intents

This note is to convey to you the resolution of the issue raised by you
as a result of the
first public review of the SCA Policy Framework specification in
http://lists.oasisopen.
org/archives/sca-policy-comment/200906/msg00007.html which requests that a
mechanism be added to allow external attachment of intents.

possible to attach
intents using the external attachment mechanism described in the policy
spec. This
follows a theme we have been pushing for some time, namely, the
separation of policy
artifacts from executable code and the SCDL. We argue that
policy artifacts should be stored and managed separately from code and
should have
their own lifecycle and management.

This issue was opened as issue POLICY-93
(http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-93) and was resolved on the
March 15,
2010 telcon (see http://www.oasisopen.
org/committees/download.php/36879/SCA%20Policy%20minutes%202010-03-
15.pdf) by accepting the proposal attached to
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/scapolicy/
201003/msg00019.html

Thank you for raising this issue. We trust you will find this resolution
satisfactory. If not, please let us know by
responding to this note.
--
All the best, Ashok