sdd message

Subject: [glossary] Artifact

Here is my re-write of the definition of Artifact.  I lost my edits
I had made during the Dec 21 meeting so this is from memory and from
notes taken during the meeting.

Artifact:
Smallest referenceable unit.  Artifacts are defined as part of an SDD.  An artifact
can be referenced within the defining SDD or outside of the defining SDD.  An
artifact consists of one or more files or other pieces of metadata that aid in the
execution of lifecycle operations on one or more target environments.  The
contents of an Artifact are opaque (not referenceable) to all elements outside
of the Artifact definition.