sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] [glossary] Default Configuration

The minutes are posted in the documents list on our web site in the Meeting Notes folder.  Document title is Meeting Minutes 2006.  The new definitions we created and agreed on in the meeting are highlighted in bold so you can find them easily if you scan the minutes.

Julia McCarthy
Autonomic Computing Enablement
julia@us.ibm.com
Tie/Line 349/8156
877-261-0391

James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

01/06/2006 11:12 AM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
Re: [sdd] [glossary] Default Configuration

jay@o-ms.com wrote:
> Not sure where we left off on Wednesday.  I propose we accept this definition (from the last submission).
>
> Default Configuration
> The default configuration is the configuration that would result from an installation in which no user modifications were made.
>
> Regards,
> Jay Nash

Some members had issues with the reference to the user, and so
we had later agreed to something like this:

Default Configuration:
The set of values for the known properties of a solution delivered by the product
and/or solution vendor.

And I think someone took notes and wrote down the final rev that we had
agreed upon.  Can that person step forward?

-jhf-