sdd message

Subject: RE: Groups - New Action Item #0044 2.4.1.3.1 - reword

Hi all,

First, I believe that we should either add usage key to the glossary and agree that is the term we will use for “activation license”, “activation key”, “license key”, “usage key” or change it to something else and put that in the glossary.

I suggest that we use “usage key”, but define it as:  an entity used to convey license information to software

Original 2.4.1.3.1: This should include the ability to pass usage keys(s) during installation.

2.4.1.3 The SDD specification must support the ability for the author to define the user-input parameters.

UC: 43, 111

2.4.1.3.1 The SDD specification should support the ability for the author to define user-input parameters as usage key(s).

UC: 103, 115

103

Licensing

Registration

Licensing

Who: Administrator
What: A software offering based on SDD
Why: Software is not free
How:
1. user installs product
2. Product requires activation license (either limited time span or perpetual use).
3. User enters required license information

Sun

III.23

4.9
6.1
6.2

115

Licensing

Registration

License Key / Retail (One Machine)

Single user licensing scheme needs to be supported.  User should be reminded about information that will be used for this. For example, where to get the license key from.

CA

UI 3.43

4.9