sdd message

Subject: RE: [sdd] 2.13.3 AND 2.13.2

Actually, the more I look at this, the more I'm thinking that 2.13.2 is not necessary.  That should be handled during runtime or by the tooling.  Does anyone else agree with me on that?

2.13.3 (modified rewrite with Rob's suggestions)
The SDD specification must support defining a default or fallback locale to be used in hosting environments where localized content is unavailable or has not been defined for the hosting environment's locale.

Cheers,

/john patton/

--
ca
Senior Software Engineer
Office: 630 505-6150
Cell: 847-224-9196
john.patton@ca.com

From: Robert Dickau [mailto:rdickau@macrovision.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 1:27 PM
To: Patton, John H; sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [sdd] 2.13.3

This rewording is much clearer. I now read the requirement to mean that one (the install operator?) can specify "fall back to Esperanto content when the hosting environment's locale isn't specifically included".

Predictably, I'd prefer "must support definition of a default locale" to "support defining a default locale"; and would a phrase like "fallback locale" be more appropriate than "default locale" to emphasize the intent of the requirement?

(Looking at it, though, it doesn't seem much different from the previous req 2.13.2, which states the install operator should be able to view content in other than the target's locale.)