sdd message

Subject: 2.13.3

Folks,

I'd like to hear which of the below people think most appropriate.
The survey was performed against the (draft v06) below, which
didn't reflect the discussion on the reflector.

My proposal is the first one, which is more lengthy than original.
I believe that it doesn't dirt what is required by this requirement.
The question is that is it more than what is needed or not.

 -Keisuke

Keisuke Fukui wrote:
> 2.13.3 (or 2.13.x)
> (*My proposal*) The SDD specification must support defining default,
> fallback or constraints on selection of the localized content that may
> be installed, based on the locale of the host environment.
> (Combined suggestions from John, Julia and Rob) The SDD specification
> must support defining a default or fallback locale to be used in hosting
> environments where localized content is unavailable or has not been
> defined for the hosting environment's locale.
> (John/Christine 2.13.x) The SDD specification must support containing
> localized text.
> (CA's 2.13.x) The SDD specification must support defining localization
> constraints based on the locale of the host environment and the
> available localized content.
> (draft v06) The SDD specification must support the definition of the
> localized content which should run properly on all locale-specific
> versions of supported operating systems.

--- Begin Message ---
Folks,

My apologies that I was hasting to have posted replies before
the last one. I have added my comments to John's compilation.

2.13
(*My proposal*) The SDD specification must support defining localization content within or outside of its descriptor for multiple locales.
(Christine's/Minutes of May 8) The SDD specification must support defining localization content for multiple locales.
2.13.1 * Deleted *
2.13.2 The SDD specification must not preclude the Install Operator from viewing or installing the localized content in a different locale from the target platform or in a different locale from tied one.
[...]

I believe we are reaching more pruned, essential requirements set.
My proposal here at this moment are rewrites for 2.13 and 2.13.3.

As a further option for the numbering and ordering or requirements,
I propose to move 2.13 above numbered as 2.13.1 since it seems to me
that we don't have requirement in the first paragraph in each section.
I also propose switch 2.13.2 and 2.13.3 since this makes them ordered
from essential to detailed.

-Keisuke

Patton, John H wrote:
> Here's a compiled list of all the recommendations for 2.13.x:
> *2.13.1*
> * Either this needs to be removed since it seems to be redundant, or it
> needs a bit of a rewrite to maintain relevance.
>

> *2.13.2*
> * John, Julia, and Rob recommend removing 2.13.2.
>
> * Fukui-san suggested the following for 2.13.2:
> 2.13.2
> The SDD specification must not preclude the Install Operator from
> viewing or installing the localized content in a different locale from
> the target platform or in a different locale from tied one.
>
> *2.13.3*
> * Combined suggestions from John, Julia and Rob:
> 2.13.3
> The SDD specification must support defining a default or fallback locale
> to be used in hosting environments where localized content is
> unavailable or has not been defined for the hosting environment's locale.
>
> * Christine suggested the following rewrite of the 2.13.3 version above,
> and recommended moving it to 2.13:
> 2.13.3 --> 2.13
> The SDD specification must support defining localization content for
> multiple locales.
>

> *New 2.13.x requirements:*
> * John recommended the following addition based on input from Christine:
> 2.13.x The SDD specification must support containing localized text.
>
> * Members from CA recommend the following addition:
> 2.13.x The SDD specification must support defining localization
> constraints based on the locale of the host environment and the
> available localized content.
>

> I think I have all of it.  Please respond if I'm missing something.
> :-)  I suspect we will be discussing this one tonight.
>
> cheers,
>
> /john patton/
>
> *--
> **c**a