sdd message

Subject: Objection to 2.13.2

Hi all,

We had two alternatives for 2.13.2:

Original: "The SDD specification must support the definition of the information in order to not preclude the Install Operator from viewing the localized content in a different locale from the target platform, or from installing InstallableUnits that are tied to a different locale."

New: "The SDD specification must support the ability for the author to view the localized content within a different locale from the target platform. The SDD specification must support the ability for the author to deploy software that is tied to a different locale from the target platform."

My primary objection to the new wording is that the texts are so similar in intent that we shouldn't spend our time tweaking them.  I'd imagine that we reworded it to eliminate the mention of the solution-specific term "Installable Units."  However, I disagree with the change of Install Operator to author - I think the operator/admin is the person we most need to care about with regard to localization.  That being said, based on my primary objection, I'm fine with this, but if we want to get it right let's use:

"The SDD specification must support the ability for the author and end user to view the localized content within a different locale from the target platform. The SDD specification must support the ability for the author and end user to deploy software that is tied to a different locale from the target platform."

Thanks,
Josh