sdd message

Subject: My disagreement with requirement 2.2.1.1

All,

The problem I have with 2.2.1.1 is the part which says "operational prior to an identified step in the deployment lifecycle operation". I read this to imply being able to identify steps within a deployment lifecycle operation - e.g. within the artifact-specific sequence of actions that are performed to install a resource. On reflection, the intent is probably to capture the need to specify that one component of a solution may need to be operational before another component of the solution is installed. I'm OK with the latter, but I think it is adequately captured by the other parts of the requirement. I would propose the change below.

PROPOSED:

2.2.1.1 Operational state of required entities: The SDD specification must support the ability to specify that a required entity must be operational at various points. Specifically identified as operational prior to start of the deployment lifecycle operation on the overall solution, or a component of the solution; or operational by the end of the deployment lifecycle operation. UC: 117, 123

ORIGINAL:

2.2.1.1 Operational state of required entities: The SDD specification must support the ability to specify that a required entity must be operational at various points during the operation. Specifically identified as operational prior to start of the deployment lifecycle operation; operational prior to an identified step in the deployment lifecycle operation; or operational by the end of the deployment lifecycle operation.UC: 117, 123

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
Austin, TX 78758
1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482