sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Objection to 2.13.2

Josh and others,

I think I have the same observation with Josh.
# I put my comments as below in the last survey for 2.13.2.
 > The "author"  should be "install operator" for both sentences in the second candidate.

However, as for the reconciliation of the description, I doubt that the
word "author" should stay since here it doesn't make much sense to me.

 > "The SDD specification must support the ability for the *author* and
 > *end user *to view the localized content within a different locale from
 > the target platform. The SDD specification must support the ability for
 > the *author* and *end user *to deploy software that is tied to a
 > different locale from the target platform."

I think that the author of SDD should have every method to do his authoring
task of the contents (how can he author it without being able to view it?).
What we should explicitly mention here is the "install operator" (who is an
stranger to the contents) should be able to view its contents and to do his
administrative decisions without moving around platforms that supports each
locale environment.

If above understanding is correct, I prefer the simple "install operator"
rather than making it thinner in its implication.
The *real* "end user" should be able to see its contents when it is
used in the proper locale environment and its sufficient for their
use cases.

 -Keisuke