sdd message

Subject: RE: [sdd] Requirement 2.1.8.2

If we then eliminate 2.1.8.2, I believe that we will have to expand 2.4.5.  2.4.5 speaks to removing data only.  In alternative uninstall scenarios, I envisioned multiple levels, for example:

  1. Delete only program files, leaving data and configuration information.  (Would be possible to reinstall and retain the configuration and user data.)
  2. Delete program files and configuration files, leaving only data behind.  (I believe that this was the intent of 2.4.5)
  3. Delete some portions of the program files, leaving behind a fully operational solution, with data and configuration.  (Less of course the deleted functionality).  Obviously there could be multiple scenarios here – defined by the systems integrator or solution provider.
  4. others?

Regards,

Debra

From: Christine Draper [mailto:cdraper@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:21 PM
To: sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [sdd] Requirement 2.1.8.2

All,

Unless someone can provide concrete use cases for "alternative uninstall scenarios" which isn't covered by the requirement 2.4.5, I propose dropping requirement 2.1.8.2.

2.4.5 The SDD specification must support the definition of parameters to be specified on other deployment lifecycle operations as well as on the initial install, e.g. whether to leave data behind after uninstalling the solution, or to delete everything.

ORIGINAL:

2.1.8.2 The SDD specification must support the definition of alternative uninstall scenarios.

Regards,
Christine

Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
Austin, TX 78758
1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482