sdd message

Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0105 2.7.7

OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC member,

Mr James Falkner has modified this action item.

Number: #0105
Owner: Mr James Falkner
Due: 22 Mar 2006

Comments:
Ms. Julia McCarthy  2006-03-16 16:25 GMT
Resolve via email.

Ms. Julia McCarthy  2006-03-16 17:04 GMT
Post the resolution to this action item and notify Randy if changes are required to the requirements doc.

Mr James Falkner  2006-03-22 23:34 GMT

Current wording:

2.7.7 The Package specification should not preclude editing in place in which mgmt tooling expands SDD package, replaces content, and creates a new SDD package in place. This should permit incremental updates.

My objection:

This conflucts with the ability to add a signature - if I deconstruct, edit, and reconstruct, I have to re-sign the package, otherwise the signature
is invalid.

Suggested re-wording:

2.7.7 The Package specification should not preclude editing in place in
which  mgmt tooling expands SDD package, replaces content, *updates any
content signatures*, and creates a new SDD package in place.
This should permit incremental updates.

Mr James Falkner  2006-04-19 22:42 GMT
This was covered and changed in the requirements doc.  I am closing this.

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=1357

- OASIS Open Administration