sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Thoughts on glossary updates

I think these are all good suggestions and propose that the SDD Glosary
follow suit.
Any objections?
Jay

Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Based on experiences of our GGF OGSA Glossary development,
> the following is the food for thoughts;
>
> (a) Define nouns only, not verb or adjective
>     If necessary, Give "See <noun form of term>."
>
> (b) Make words or phrases in "italics" which are themselves defined
>     in the glossary.
>
> (c) Normative or informative
>     I think glossary is informative instead of normative.
>     I guess the following text on page 4 of the current draft comes
>     from standard OASIS document template and should be fixed.
>
>     "All text is normative unless otherwise noted."
>
> FYI: OGSA Glossary's URL;
> http://www.ggf.org/documents/GFD.44.pdf
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto
>
> Christine Draper wrote:
>>

>> I did a skim of the requirements document versus the glossary and
>> found the
>> following.
>>
>> Used without much context, probably need a glossary definition:
>> payload
>> component
>> target environment (vs target)
>> verify/verification
>> rollback
>> undo
>> repair
>> update, upgrade (used mainly as verbs but defined as nouns - maybe
>> this is
>> OK)
>> apply (application) of fixes
>>
>> Deployment lifecycle operations: planning, installation, configuration,
>> maintenance, upgrade, migration and uninstallation   (should be same list
>> of terms in glossary, and should define each term, consistently as
>> either a
>> noun or a verb)
>>
>> Possibly should be defined, but likely have enough context:
>> feature
>> metadata
>> localization
>> change plan
>>
>> discreet units => individual (discrete) packages?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christine
>>
>> Senior Technical Staff Member
>> IBM, 11501 Burnet Road, Mail Point 901-6B10
>> Austin, TX 78758
>> 1-512-838-3482 tl 678-3482

- --
- --
Jay Nash, CTO
OMS SafeHarbor
128 Warren St
Lowell MA 01852
978.937.2363 ext.111
978.937.3784 fax

protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.