sdd message

Subject: Groups - IUDD V2 Submission (submission.zip) uploaded

The document named IUDD V2 Submission (submission.zip) has been submitted
by Randy George to the OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC
document repository.

Document Description:
Attached you will find a submission for consideration for inclusion into
the SDD V1.0 specification. This is being submitted jointly by IBM
Corporation and Macrovision Corporation.

As the SDD TC members are aware, IBM, InstallShield, Zero G Software, and
Novell jointly published the Solution Installation Schema on W3C in June
2004 (see http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/04/). At the time of this
publication, the collective companies made a general call to the industry
to form a standards committee to formally agree on a single standard for
deployment descriptors. The OASIS SDD TC is the result of this industry
effort.

Since the time of the original publication, there has been a substantial
amount of work revising the V1.0 Installable Unit Deployment Descriptor to
make it more consumable and to improve the overall quality of the schema.
This submission, IUDD V2.0, we believe addresses the comments and concerns
raised by the earlier schema.

In this submission we have chosen to provide four basic pieces of
information:

1. An overview document describing the concepts behind the IUDD V2.0
schema. We believe this document provides a good starting point for the
formation of the SDD V1.0 specification.
2. The IUDD V2.0 schema including example deployment descriptors.
3. A draft specification that consists of an outline with some sections
augmented with figures and examples, but no explanatory text. We believe
this document provides a useful guide to studying and understanding the
schema.
4. A document describing which of the formal SDD requirements are met by
this submitted schema.

At the face-to-face meeting we will review this submission and provide a
summary of changes from the previous version of the IUDD.

Thank you.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/document.php?document_id=18006

Download Document: