sdd message

Subject: [Fwd: OASIS SDD TC Formal requirements]

Hi all,

OASIS SDD TC asks me to forward this mail to JSDL mailing list.

Although SDD requirement document is publicaly available,
the URL in the original email requires OASIS membership.

Please use the other URL which does not need membership below;

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17575/oasis-sdd-requirements-v1.doc

Also, the following notes and minutes give you more information on
this collaboration dialogue;

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/2006/05/msg00053.html
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/minutes-20060518

If you have any farther questions, please let me know.
----
Hiro Kishimoto

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [sdd] OASIS SDD TC Formal requirements
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:39:47 -0400
From: Thomas Studwell <studwell@us.ibm.com>
To: jsdl-wg@gridforum.org
CC: sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear JSDL WG members,
attached you will find a link to a document that has been approved by the
OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor Technical Committee as the formal
requirements for the SDD specification.  This document is a result of
compilation of over 200 use cases brought by TC members including
representatives from some GGF workgroups.  At the time we evaluated these
use cases we were unaware of the potential overlap with JSDL.  Our set of
use cases are pretty comprehensive but it is possible that we missed use
cases that might relate to your use cases.  We would appreciate
establishing a liaison with your WG to make sure that we address any
overlapping needs between our respective charters.

In addition to these requirements, in our recent face to face meeting the
SDD TC voted to work with representatives of the JSDL WG to try to converge
JSDL's RRL with relevant portions of the SDD. I believe there is
significant overlap in this area and it would be beneficial to collaborate
on a single set of XML elements to express resource requirements.  We would
appreciate it if the JSDL WG could nominate a representative who can
participate in the SDD TC.

We understand that you are nearing approval of your V1.0 specification and
any changes would most likely be reflected in later versions of the JSDL
specification but we believe this convergence is important to industry
acceptance of both specifications and look forward to working with your
representatives on this matter.

Link to SDD Requirements Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdd/document.php?document_id=17882

Thomas Studwell, Chair, OASIS SDD TC

Thomas W. Studwell
Senior Technical Staff Member, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Software Group
B140/Bldg 500
4205 S Miami Blvd, Durham,  NC 27703
(919) 254-7574 Fax:  (919) 254-7628  Mobile: (919) 619-1038
studwell@us.ibm.com

"There is a word for complaining about a problem without proposing a
solution - it's called whining." Ric Telford 2006

--
Hiro Kishimoto