sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] [glossary] Initial vs. Default Configuration

The SDD does provide a way to indicate default configuration values. I think it is useful to have all three terms in the glossary.

Julia McCarthy
Tivoli Development
Deployment Engine Design
julia@us.ibm.com
349/8156
877-261-0391

Inactive hide details for James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

          James Falkner <james.falkner@sun.com>

          06/07/2006 02:27 PM

sdd@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[sdd] [glossary] Initial vs. Default Configuration

All,

For my current action item:

"James Falkner to check on glossary discussion to see if Initial Configuration
should be deprecated (thought either this or default configuration was retained)."

In the current glossary, we define "Configuration", and "Initial
Configuration".  I could not find any notes in deprecating the
definition of Initial Configuration, and in the F2F minutes, there
was no discussion of this.  I also do not recall ever talking about
getting rid of Initial Configuration.

I believe definitions for Initial and Default configuraitons are useful.

Since we already have definitions for Configuration and Initial
Configuration, all we need is Default Configuration.

"Default Configuration" is the configuration supplied by the solution
provider.  Doesn't SDD contain default values for configurable
parameters? If so, this should be in the glossary.  If not, I think
it is not necessary.

-jhf-

GIF image