sdd message

Subject: Language_bundle

Let's try to make some progress before next meeting.

Issue #8 - Can there be more than one Language bundle for the descriptor?

Here's the text on this issue copied from Debra's email of 6/6.
Item #8 Even though the language bundles may be really small for the descriptor, I think that it is worthwhile to simple define a common mechanism for handling multiple language bundles. My experience is that translations take place very asynchronously, and that trying to fuse, merge and manage a single bundle can be error prone.

This makes sense to me. Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Can someone suggest a schema change that would support this? The current schema looks like this:

<attributeGroup name="DescriptorInfo">
<attribute name="schemaVersion" type="vsn:VersionString" fixed="1.0" use="required" />
<attribute name="descriptorID" type="descriptInfo:UUID" use="optional"/>
<attributeGroup ref="id:BuildInfo"/>
<attribute name="size" type="integer" use="optional"/>
<attribute name="language_bundle" type="token" use="optional" default="sddBundle"/>
</attributeGroup>

Julia McCarthy
Tivoli Development
Deployment Engine Design