sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] Issue 31

Hi Christine,

 > Comments or suggestions? Has anyone in the ACS WG looked at package
 > aggregation scenarios?

The ACS doesn't include the scenario that aggregates another archive.

Having said that, your suggestion sounds fine to me.

 >     * How is the referenced package represented in the aggregating
 >       package descriptor? I'd suggest a file of type "package", which

I understood that your suggestion above as below:
the "File" element with the value "package" as its
"purpose" attribute contains the PackageDescriptor for
the aggregated package.

 >     * Are any files from within the referenced package included in the
 >       aggregating package descriptor? I'd suggest not - i.e. inclusion
 >       by reference.

I agree that a file should be listed only in the PackageDescriptor that
contains the actual file directly. The PackageDescriptor of the aggregating
package should not repeat the entry in its own PackageDescriptor.

P.S.
I used the UCC as indicated in the Writers Convention.

Regards,
Keisuke Fukui