sdd message

Subject: Fw: OASIS Mail Outage

Since our TC e-mail list now seems to be working, I'm forwarding this OASIS e-mail status update via the list.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
STSM, Autonomic Computing Architecture
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

----- Forwarded by Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM on 08/04/2006 10:03 AM -----
"Scott McGrath" <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>

08/03/2006 03:02 PM

Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
OASIS Mail Outage

Brent Miller,

As you may be aware, the Consortium is experiencing serious technical
difficulties with one of our primary servers. This situation temporarily
disabled OASIS email functionality, including Committee mail lists,
archives, and related services.

OASIS staff have been working diligently to recover these systems as
quickly as possible. Ensuring that members are able to use OASIS
Committee lists has been our top priority in this recovery effort. Many
of the Committee lists are functioning now, and we expect that others,
including the comment lists, will be restored within 24 hours.

Next, we'll work to provide access to OASIS Committee list archives and
restore other lists on oasis-open.org. Mail lists residing on the
xml.org, coverpages.org and ebxml.org domains will be addressed
immediately thereafter.

We fully appreciate how critical the OASIS mail lists are to your work,
and we deeply regret the impact of this situation on your collaboration.
Updates on our progress will be posted to
http://www.oasis-open.org/members/.

Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated.

Patrick Gannon
President and CEO
OASIS