sdd message

Subject: Resuming Regular Weekly Calls June 12

Greetings SDD TC,

As we agreed some weeks ago, we suspended regular weekly conference calls to give ourselves time to (1) take a breather; (2) tend to the procedural items necessary to submit v1.0 for OASIS Standard consideration; and (3) to work on the items we've identified and assigned for v1.1.

I hope that (1) has gone well for everyone.

Regarding (2), we're making progress. There is quite a bit of "housekeeping" involved, including collecting up quite a package of materials for the OASIS Standard vote submission, but that's moving along and, most important, we look to be in good shape for obtaining the 3 required statements of use.

Regarding (3), we had agreed to resume regular meetings on June 5, but a scheduling issue has arisen and so I am recommending that we delay that one week and instead resume NEXT Thursday, June 12. I have scheduled meetings on the OASIS TC calendar from then until the end of 2008 at the same time as we have always held our meetings.

So in the meantime, continue to work on items assigned to you for v1.1 (see the "Version 1.1 Candidate Items" spreadsheet posted in "Working Documents" category of the TC Web page to refresh your memories). I have posted a template that can be used to produce proposals or just to initiate "direction" discussion for any/all v1.1 items (thanks to Julia for developing this template). Please feel free to start producing content; it would be great to have items queued up for discussion and resolution.

Thanks, and I look forward to talking to everyone on the 12th.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lead Architect, Autonomic Computing
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-6959 (TIE 441)

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
-- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut