sdd message

Subject: COSMOS 1.1 is GA

Hi all,

I wanted to pass along that COSMOS 1.1 is now GA.

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=154868&start=0&S=739400f58b3c9da5e52f0ee3c63073cd

The SDD highlights are

SDD support:
Tools and runtimes that provide support for the Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) standard on OASIS. SDD support was previously in research status, but is now fully available in COSMOS 1.1.

Included are the following features:
o A build time generator (BTG) that generates SDDs from many sources such as other SDDs, SDD fragments, or RPM packages. The BTG will generate conformance level one SDDs.

o A runtime driver to deploy solutions described in SDD documents. With this driver, one can run the example COSMOS SDD through the runtime to install the COSMOS payload. One can also create additional example SDDs either by hand or by using the Build Time Generator and process those with the runtime driver.
Adopters can extend this runtime with custom resource handlers as well -- see the COSMOS Developer Guide for details. In addition, a command line interface is
provided for gathering user parameters as part of the installation interview process.

We are currently planning the 1.2/2.0 release.  Some features being considered are an Eclipse plug-in for authoring SDDs, adding support for a Swing or web based GUI for conducting the installation interview, and broadening the implementation to include CL2 features.  If there are members on the TC that would like to provide input on these, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Jason