sdd message

Subject: SDD TC: Status & Plans

Greetings, SDD TC,

First, apologies for the late notice in canceling today's TC call -- I polled some key folks and determined that a quorum was unlikely, and we have a few items to discuss that would benefit from broad attendance/quorum.

Merri has completed the major content updates for the v2.0 draft of the specification (you should have seen the email notice when she posted this document). Our remaining major task is to review and approve the final content of this version of the specification so that we can proceed through the OASIS standardization process. I encourage you to review the draft that Merri has posted and send comments/questions by email. We will have a formal review during one or more upcoming meetings. Please also join me in thanking Merri for all of her hard work on this.

Merri has also discovered 3 items related to the schema that require our attention/discussion. I have summarized them here:
  1. The TC decided that BaseParameterType.defaultValue would be changed to an ElementValueType, thus resulting in BaseParameterType.DefaultValue. This change has an unfortunate side effect of causing a schema error in ArrayParameterType, which extends BaseParameterType but also has a DefaultValue element. We need to discuss how to handle this duplicate element.
  2. The schemaVersion number currently is 1.0, but we haven't discussed updating it to 2.0 (this would be a change
    in the spec and in the schema).
  3. We need to determine what we want to do about the ElementValueType pattern default; do we want to leave it as
    "string" and document that some of these should use "literal" instead, or do we want to change it to "literal" for all?

I expect we can reach a determination on these rather quickly. You are invited to discuss these by e-mail prior to a phone discussion at an upcoming meeting.

Finally, I will be on vacation next week and will not be able to attend the regularly scheduled TC call. In the interest of making progress, if most others can attend next week, I would suggest electing a temporary chair to discuss (and hopefully resolve) the 3 items listed above. We can then commence with the specification review the following week. Please let me know if this works for you (summer is tough for scheduling).

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member, Master Inventor
Intellectual Property Solutions Engineer
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-3621 (TIE 441)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind"
-- Theodor Suess Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)