sdd message

Subject: Re: [sdd] PLEASE READ: SDD Final Specification Review

SDD TC,

Thanks to all who attended yesterday's conference call. The meeting minutes have been posted. We completed about half of the specification review and expect to complete reviewing the remaining changes at next week's regularly scheduled call.

So once again, I AM REQUESTING THAT ALL VOTING MEMBERS AND ACTIVE TC MEMBERS ATTEND NEXT WEEK'S CALL. IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE SEND ANY COMMENTS YOU HAVE ON THE SPECIFICATION BY EMAIL TO THIS TC EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST *BEFORE* NEXT WEEK'S CALL.

Once we complete this final review, we will have the specification that is the candidate for our v2.0 standard, so this is a significant milestone.

Thanks, and I hope to talk with everyone next week.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member, Master Inventor
Intellectual Property Solutions Engineer
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-3621 (TIE 441)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind"
-- Theodor Suess Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

From:        Brent Miller/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
To:        sdd@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        08/05/2010 12:01 PM

SDD TC,

As you know, we are nearing completion of the specification content for the SDD v2.0 specification, to be submitted through the OASIS process as the candidate for the v2.0 Standard. Merri has completed all pending specification updates except for a few minor ones that resulted from today's TC conference call, which she will complete and post shortly (Merri posted the latest specification on the TC documents page today).

All of the specification updates have been considered and approved individually by the TC, and nearly all updates (other than routine and cosmetic changes) have been previously reviewed in piecemeal fashion.

WE NOW NEED TO PERFORM A FINAL REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF THE SPECIFICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY.

We plan to complete this during next week's regularly scheduled call.

I AM REQUESTING THAT ALL VOTING MEMBERS AND ACTIVE TC MEMBERS ATTEND NEXT WEEK'S CALL. IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE SEND ANY COMMENTS YOU HAVE ON THE SPECIFICATION BY EMAIL TO THIS TC EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST *BEFORE* NEXT WEEK'S CALL.

Sorry for the all-caps perceived shouting; I just wanted to emphasize the importance of this activity.

We can wrap up most of the remaining work next week so that we can initiate the v2.0 Standard approval process (we also need to update non-normative documents, but this should be straightforward).

Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. I hope to talk to everyone next week.

Thanks for all the hard work over the last many months. Let's wrap this one up!