sdd message

Subject: Ballot Results/Next Steps for SDD v2.0

SDD TC,

The ballot to approve Committee Draft 01 of the v2.0 SDD specification and schema passed by a Full Majority vote (6 yes votes, 1 not voting). Thank you for casting your respective votes.

Note that we're working under the recently revised OASIS TC process; it is similar to, but differs from, the process we used for the v1.0 Standard.

The next step is to create the Committee Specification Draft (the next step in progression for the specification/schema we just approved as a Committee Draft); this is done in conjunction with the OASIS TC Administrator and I have submitted the request to initiate this.

Following that, we will initiate a ballot for the TC to approve submitting the specification and schema to a 30-day public review.

You'll be notified about the ballot and I will, of course, do my best to keep everyone informed of status and actions needed. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Unless someone has reason to have a conference call this week, I plan to cancel it -- much of our remaining work can be accomplished electronically.

And please don't forget to thank Merri Jensen of SAS for her amazing work on the specification and Randy George of IBM for diligently keeping the schema current.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member, Master Inventor
Intellectual Property Solutions Engineer
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-3621 (TIE 441)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind"
-- Theodor Suess Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)