sdd message

Subject: SDD Progress Update

SDD TC,

I recognize that this is a rather long email, but please take a few minutes to read it. I believe that we can conduct most or all of our remaining v2.0 work by email, but if anyone wishes to have one or more conference calls, please notify me and I will schedule.

I know that it has been awhile since we have had a teleconference, but we have been making some progress and I wanted to send out this update because we will have some actions that we need to take in the near future.

I apologize for the slower than planned progress, but the OASIS TC Administrator left OASIS at the end of last year and an interim administrator has been filling in but he has a large backlog of work for many TCs (but please thank Robin Cover, the interim TC Admin, for his diligence on our behalf).
  1. For the standards-track documents (specification and schema), the initial public review of the Committee Specification Draft completed with no comments.
  2. For the non-standards-track documents (Primer, Starter Profile and Examples), we have completed the updates for v2.0 (thanks to Merri, Jason and Robin Cover, OASIS TC Admin). You will recall that the content changes for all of these deliverables had been previously posted to the TC web page. The recent changes primarily dealt with migrating the content to the new OASIS document template for non-standards-track documents (I also added an introductory prose document for the Examples package that serves as a sort of "readme" for the XML examples). I WILL BE POSTING BALLOTS TO CONSIDER APPROVING EACH OF THESE WORKING DRAFTS AS COMMITTEE NOTE DRAFTS, SO I AM REQUESTING THAT YOU PLEASE REVIEW THESE ONE MORE TIME:

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please watch for the ballots for both the standard and the non-standards-track documents, and please let me know if you have any questions or feedback. I think we are in good shape to proceed through the process to complete v2.0, which represents a lot of collective work.

Thanks.

Regards,
Brent

Brent A. Miller
Senior Technical Staff Member, Master Inventor
Intellectual Property Solutions Engineer
IBM Corp.
Tel. 919-543-3621 (TIE 441)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind"
-- Theodor Suess Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)