Subject: Re: [search-ws] We Need A Name!

LeVan,Ralph wrote:

> We need a name! When I say, “I want every server to be a
> <enterANameHere> server!”, I need something to go into that placeholder.

+1

> I was struck by Farrukh’s characterization of what we’re building as
> “OpenSearch on steroids”, so I suggest we call it “Royds”. A Google
> search on that term makes it look pretty safe for our puposes. (I
> briefly considered “Roids”, but that’s slang for hemorrhoids where I
> come from. There’re too many obvious jokes there.)

"Royds" may still risk the "Roids" fate. It does not grab me (at least yet).

How about "SWS" pronounced "Swiss" as in "Swiss Army Knife" of search
engines or neutral like the Swiss when it comes to interoperable search.

Or how about "SOS" (Search on Steroids) though it is quite overloaded
(OGC has a Sensor Observation Service).

Or SuperSearch

Lets keep brainstorming on this thread until we gel on something. In the
meantime Search-WS is the name I have been using in yestreday's
presentation at OGC meeting in Stressa Italy.

> I’m happy with that being a working name to be replaced later, but I
> need some name soon.

I think it would serve your intended goal (which I share wholeheartedly)
better to pick a good name and stick with it rather thand picking
"Royds" and changing later. Changing names would be confusing.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com